It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
(female)

jenjordan HB User
my legs keep going out any ideas?

hey all i wanted to share my story in nov 04 i had a bad fall out of the bath tub ended up with a contusion to the spine and narowing at l-4 l-5. anyway to make a long story short my legs keep giving out on me i do have lower back pain which is constant and radaited down my right leg ihave fallin at least 3 times since nov my left leg just give s and i crater usuaLlly endup me being hurt. I am being sent for A mylogram in may any input please i AM SCARED HERE.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: my legs keep going out any ideas?

It sounds as though you may have a ruptured disc which is pressing on nerves and causing you to loose control of the legs. Can't tell you which ones, as I totally lost my legs with two different lumbar disc ruptures into the spinal cord, and my brother lost use of his legs when he had problems higher in his back.

Sorry you have to wait so much longer before the MRI. How soon do you see the doc after the MRI? Is your doc aware that you are having trouble controlling your legs? If not, phone them and let them know, and ask if there is any possibility you can get the MRI moved up as well as how soon you can return to see the doc? Hope so.

Best wishes and let us know how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

[QUOTE=jenjordan]hey all i wanted to share my story in nov 04 i had a bad fall out of the bath tub ended up with a contusion to the spine and narowing at l-4 l-5. anyway to make a long story short my legs keep giving out on me i do have lower back pain which is constant and radaited down my right leg ihave fallin at least 3 times since nov my left leg just give s and i crater usuaLlly endup me being hurt. I am being sent for A mylogram in may any input please i AM SCARED HERE.[/QUOTE]

I had a Discectomy/Laminectomy back in June 04.....had a 9 mm herniation at L5-S1... pressing on the nerve....Neuro said he had to go in and cut away scar tissue that had started to form to protect the nerve where it was being compressed.... so now I have nerve damage from that...doc says it could take 3-5 years to heal "IF" it is going to heal..... but I have fallen several times, atleast 5 or 6...... my legs have just given out on me and fallen flat....luckly I was at home...... even went out on me once in Walmart and luckly I was holding onto the shopping cart and didn't fall, caught myself.....but I ask my Pain Management Doc about it and she never really gave me any answer as to why or any suggestion as to why she thinks it happens..... she wanted to test me for MS and this and that... but I told her it didn't start until after my surgery.... she did Rx a cane for me to walk with for support... I am with you though I wish I knew why my legs give out as well.... Best of Luck to you... wish I could be more help....Take Care

Old 04-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
(female)

jenjordan HB User

thanks for the replies looking fowardn too many more

Old 04-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
(female)

Noodle1104 HB User

Had a microdisectomy just 3 weeks ago and my legs go out on me alot.

Closed Thread