It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Pebble Beach HB User
Drs. appointment for spinal cord stimulator

Hi guys and gals. Well, just an update. My orthopedist in Phila******a suggested that I see a neurologist and a neurosurgeon.

I am seeing the neurologist because I have tremors of the left arm mainly. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and treated for 2 years only to find out that it was a misdiagnosis. Then they thought it was Essential Tremor. Then they weren't sure, then they thought it could be something in the neck, an irritation of the nerves. So your guess is as good as mine at this point. So I am seeing the neurologist on May 11th.

As to the neurosurgeon, he thought I should be a candidate for the spinal cord stimulator. He could not recommend surgery due to all the surgeries I have already had in the past. So I am seeing the neurosurgeon on May 18th. Will see if he agrees on the stimulator or not. Will keep you all posted.

Hope you have a pain free day.

Allan

Old 04-14-2005, 04:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User
Re: Drs. appointment for spinal cord stimulator

Allan, I had my implant Feb. 22. the trial went pretty good and was looking foward to the implant, mine is for the S1 nerve damage I have so I have pain the in both legs and lower back.I knew going in that it wouldn't help much with the lower back pain but as I said the trial went well.
Since the implant I have had numerous problems with this and wel I'm not real happy,I know several other that are having problems also, but then I've talked to my share that are extremly happy with the implant.
My biggest piece of advice is to have a dr that you trust and know extremly well that does your implant and that this dr pays attention to you and will be there for you if you have any problems or questions mine has totally avoided me since my implant and problems.
My contact now is with the reps from the co. that did my implant,my last visit with them they told me how well the SCS worked for people with more localized pain and that was really hard to get coverage for someone like me with such a range of pain, so NOT what I was told before the implant.
So continue to research and talk to as may people as possible before going through with this.
However here is question I didn't think of before and had become a real issue for me ask them if there is any way to shut the SCS off if ever your remote wil not respond???Mine doesn't have a way but let me tell you I have had some bad experiences because of it.
If I can help let me know, please know I'm not knocking this as I believe it can be great pain mangement for the right canidates you just need to to be well informed with a dr that is there for you..
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread