It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

Amica HB User
Anyone taking Robaxin(methocarbamol) as a muscle relaxant?

I was told to take Robaxin...two 750mg. tablets every six hours...for my tight neck and shoulder muscles which are causing dizziness. The Robaxin seems to make me feel quite weak and rather sedated..anyone else experience these side effects with Robaxin?

Old 04-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
(male)

biogeekl5s1 HB User
Re: Anyone taking Robaxin(methocarbamol) as a muscle relaxant?

I have been prescribed methocarbamol, but I take it occasionally. It does make you drowsy and weak. Always take it with food. It does not releive pain but relaxes your muscles. Ask your doctor whether you can take it only during the night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #3

sanking111 HB User
Question Re: Anyone taking Robaxin(methocarbamol) as a muscle relaxant?

[QUOTE=biogeekl5s1]I have been prescribed methocarbamol, but I take it occasionally. It does make you drowsy and weak. Always take it with food. It does not releive pain but relaxes your muscles. Ask your doctor whether you can take it only during the night.[/QUOTE]
I noticed your post on (Robaxin). My son was prescribed this after being in fatal car accident over the weekend. We havent filled it yet mainly because I Dont know if it is a good muscle relant for back injuries and we have to pay cash. Aside from the drowsiness, Could anyone tell me how well it works?. Or is there another one that we could ask for before filling the script?...................Thanks, S. King

Old 04-15-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
(female)

Valley HB User
Question Re: Anyone taking Robaxin(methocarbamol) as a muscle relaxant?

Hi, I take Robaxin, but only 500 mg every 6 to 8 hours, I would think that 2 750mg would be too much. Valley

Old 04-15-2005, 06:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

ARANGER HB User

I took it at 750mg and don't really remember it effecting me at all, howver I'm pretty tolerant to meds and have to take stronger meds to make them work. I remember getting it one time at the hospital by iv and that worked pretty good.

Good Luck

Old 04-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
(female)

Amica HB User

Thanks everyone for your replies. I decided not to take the Robaxin for awhile..at least not two at once..maybe half of one.
Sanking111-I was so sorry to hear about your son being involved in the car accident. How is he doing? I guess I can say concerning the Robaxin that I noticed a little muscle relief, but noticed mostly the side effects of weakness and sedation.

Closed Thread