It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
(male)

biogeekl5s1 HB User
Cauda Equina Syndrome

I have a perfect central herniation of L5-S1 6mm almost covering the entire spinal canal in the MRI. How do I know I will not have the scary Cauda Equina Syndrome.

thanks

Old 04-15-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

gm74sm HB User
Re: Cauda Equina Syndrome

I have Cauda Equina. I have had it for over a year now. I got it after i fell in the kitchen i fell and a few minutes later i went numb in saddle area back of left leg all the way down to left foot and still that way today. Within a hour or two I couldnt urinate or have bowel movements at all. I still have to take Lactulose and Miralax to aid in bowel movements but mostly I have to manually remove stool. I get shooting electric type pains in groin area and around left heel and ankle. I was told I had a large Central disc herniation. I was told after surgery i was like a cm from being paralyzed from the waste down so i was very lucky to still be able to walk however my legs are weak and atrophy in calf in left leg. I hate this thing it has affected everything and you basically just deal with it. i am just recovering from a fusion at the same L5 S1 level from the previous injury a year ago. So it has been ruogh to say the least. The red flags for Cauda Equina are as you may already know Urine Retention bowel retention or the opposite, numbness in saddle area or around rectum and or vagina and weakness in legs should also be considered an Emergency. You know your body the best if you are worried its worth it to check it out so you wont be sorry. Good Luck be careful and take it easy.....Stephanie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread