It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Dealing in Pa. HB User
Angry Had My Appt. Today For Scar Tissue???

AS I MENTIONED IN A PREVIOUS POST, I HAD L5,S1 DISCKECTOMY IN JAN. AND A FOLLOW UP MRI SHOWED AN ABCESS AT THE L4 INCISION SITE AND SCAR TISSUE TAKING THE PLACE OF THE HERNIATION. WHEN I SAW MY MRI, YOU COULD NOT EVEN SEE THE NERVE!!! IT WAS NOT VISIBLE AT ALL. WILL THIS HEAL??? HE TOLD ME I MAY HAVE A CHANCE OF RETURNING TO WORK IN TWO TO THREE MONTHS IF THE NERVE INFLAMATION SUBSIDES AND THE SCAR TISSUE MATURES. DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT??? I ALSO HAVE TO HAVE MY BACK DRAINED AT THE ABCESS TO SEE IF IT'S SENOMA OR AN INFECTION!!! NOT A GOOD DAY PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO. THANKS!

Old 04-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
(female)

gcbpgh HB User
Re: Had My Appt. Today For Scar Tissue???

We must of passed each other today at Dr. Werries office. I wish I could help you. I can only give you my opinion of him as a doctor, I liked him, he was very thorough with me, he looked at all my mri,s my hospital records, he seemed knowledgable. (we need a spell check) I might even have my husband see him for his bad back. He did not really help me except to tell me I have bursitis in my hip, that something new, and he would not remove my buldging discs, he doesn't feel it would help. He gave me a shot in my hip, and his opinion. Right now we are at the mercy of the doctors, he told me it takes up to a year to heal from surgery also. I think you can trust him. I just am not sure, gee, wasn't I helpful, hope you feel better, take care,
gcb in pgh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dealing in Pa. HB User

Thanks Gcbpgh For The Reply. Does Your Husband Walk With A Cane? I May Have Seen Him. I Was There At Approx. 11:30 A.m. Dr. Werries Is A Good Doctor, I Just Feel Like This Is Taking Forever. Patience Is Not One Of My Strong Points!!! If You Find Anything Out About The Questions I Asked, Please Give Me A Reply!! Thanks Again For Your Concern!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Would recommend that you speak with your doctor about using Adcon-L or similar gels for any future surgeries. I have a bad problem of scar tissue ruining nerves, etc from arm surgeries, so my doc uses Adcon-L and in 8 spine surgeries, not once has scar tissue been an issue of causing problems.

So sorry you are having this problem. Hope all gets better soon.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

I'm not quite sure what he meant by "maturing" scar tissue. It is either there or it isn't. And if it is wrapped around a nerve, that's it. I have the same problem at L5 and believe me, my scar tissue is mature...8 years old. It only gets worse, not better. Perhaps a second opinion?

Carol
morphine pump

Old 04-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
(female)

gcbpgh HB User

No my husband does not walk with a cane, just has alot of pain off and on. I was there at 1:30 pm, it was easy to find the place. I did not take anyone with me.

I wish I had some answers for you, regarding scar tissue I do agree with the others and think you need to get another opinion. it just doesn't sound right. Finding a competant doctor here seems to be the challenge. I tried to get an appointment with Dr. Jho and could not, he is booked till June and then going away, Dr. Janetta who is suppose to be good said they had to see all my records from my doctor first before allowing me an appoinment. Dr. Engle is at Mercy and you might try him, he refused to do anything for my buldging discs so he can't help me but he may help your problems. I am as confused as you. today they gave me a shot for the bursitis that he said I have in my hip now my leg, back and hip pain is worse. Oh well, we just have to keep
trying to help ourselves. Take care,

gcb in pgh

Old 04-16-2005, 04:40 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Dealing in Pa. HB User

Thanks For The Replies Folks!!! I Think A Second Opinion Is On the Way, I Can't Go On Like This!!! Will Let You All Know The Outcome. Any Other Replies Would Be Appreciated! Again Thanks And Good Healing!!!!!

Last edited by Dealing in Pa.; 04-16-2005 at 04:42 AM.

Closed Thread