It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

BobiM HB User
fever after 2 level fusion/question

Two days ago my son had a 2 level Posterior fusion. He was doing quite well until tonight when he spiked a temperature of 101.4. Has this happened to any of you who have had this surgery or a similar surgery? I'm wondering if it could be from the catheter which they removed yesterday. They gave him Tylenol. I'm very worried.

Bobi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: fever after 2 level fusion/question

Every time I've had any kind of surgery, the dismissal papers from the hospital said to call the doctor immediately if temp went over 100. Hope your son has called his surgeon.

Let us know how things are going.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rhonni HB User

Yup, don't wait. Call the doctor.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

BobiM HB User

[QUOTE=Quietcook]Every time I've had any kind of surgery, the dismissal papers from the hospital said to call the doctor immediately if temp went over 100. Hope your son has called his surgeon.

Let us know how things are going.[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been discharged yet and is still in the hospital. They gave him Tylenol. I called the nurse and she said it's not uncommon to have a fever this soon after surgery (2 days). The wound looks good but it's still worrisome.

Bobi

Old 04-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

PsychLea HB User

I had fever for over week after my two level fusion over 101.0. They checked me over good, and it turned out I had a throat infection from the intubation tube.

They will monitor him while in the hospital. He's lucky. They sent me home with a fever of 103

Lea

Old 04-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
(female)

tammys HB User

I ran a fever for a week after my surgery. Your son will be ok. I am sure that they are checking him for infection and will be watching him real close. Please do not worry. I am sure that things will be ok. My doctor said it is not uncommon to run fever after surgery. Keep us posted and I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Good Luck!!! Keep Smiling!!!
Tammy

Closed Thread