It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Madam Captain HB User
Anyone here with scoliosis??

I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis when I was 7 years old. I was born with this condition and I was just curious to know if anyone else on these boards has it too. It doesn't cause me many problems and I never had to wear a back brace or anything like that. When I was younger, I had check-ups once a year, which included several x-rays. I have pain in my left leg sometimes and my right leg is slightly shorter than my left leg but other than that, it isn't really a problem,

Linda

Old 04-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Losy HB User
Thumbs up Re: Anyone here with scoliosis??

Hi

While I dont have scoliosis my sister does. She to was diagnosed at a vey young age. She is now in her early 30's and has little if any problems at all. She swims regularly which I believe is encouraged. At present she is pregnant (38 weeks) and this has not caused her any concerns either. Hope this is of some help or encouragement

Losy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #3

lee6kids HB User
Re: Anyone here with scoliosis??

Hi
I too have sclerosis but mine was not descovered till 2 years ago. I am now 30. Can I ask how old you are?
I have now got a herniated dics in my thirotic spine and some disc degeneration. but other than that it causes me no problems and they are not sure that my sclerosis cause this to happen.
Many goo wishes
Lee

Old 04-19-2005, 04:37 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Madam Captain HB User

Hello again : )

I'm 28 years old and I turn 29 in August. I was told that I was probably born with scoliosis because it was discovered at such at early age. I was also told that falling pregnant wouldn't cause any problems with my scoliosis. I have about people with severe scoliosis, that have worn back braces, have had successful pregnancies. I read about a person who had surgery for her scoliosis (she had screws put in her spine) and she had a trouble free pregnancy and birth. She even had an epidural during labor - the screws didn't get in the way or anything.

Linda

Old 05-24-2005, 08:29 AM   #5
(female)

boarderchic HB User

Hi,
I have scoliosis and I first found out in 8th grade. I wore a brace for about 1 or 2 years until I got tired of it. I am now 19 and has back pain, lower back mostly. It hurts usually when I has to sit for a long time like at the movies or at work or even driving. Eventhough the doctors said it usually doesn't get worse after your bones mature, it seems to hurt more so I'm going to get an x-ray to see if it did get worse.
Check back later,
Laura

Closed Thread