It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User
Help I was called for JURY DUTY -

and can't sit for more then 10-15 min. at a time before the pain in my back is off the charts. Tomorrow is the first day and I hope I am not picked. Those hard courtroom chairs are not what I need right now. I sent in my financial hardship form but was denied-I am self employed, it was always approved years before .

Would a doctors note do any good? I CANNOT sit all day w/out my meds!!! Can I take my bottle (in my purse) into the courtroom? Aaaaaaaccccckkkkk!

Thanks all,

Trina

Last edited by Vuitton70; 04-18-2005 at 09:13 PM.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Help I was called for JURY DUTY -

Yes, definitely submit a doctor's note asking to be excused for medical reasons. If it's tomorrow and you don't already have a note you will need to show up, explain and then call your doctor. Maybe the doctor can fax a note directly to the Court. I have a permanent excuse since I can't sit any longer than you can even with medication. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PsychLea HB User

Definitely submit a doctor's excuse. It will get you out of jury duty.

Lea

Old 04-19-2005, 01:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

Ya, know how easy it is to get out of Jury Duty? I have never been called due to Severe Panic Disorder I never filed out the form to vote (I know, shame on me), But that's what they go by.
I was recently told to registar to vote from my doctor and Therapist and the first time I get a letter THEY will send in an excuse for me.
I had my Surgeon write me a note for the airlines so I can travel quicker without explaining my hardware at every stop.
Hubby gets Jury Duty every other Month it seems, he is paralized on his left side and a chain smoker, so he won't sit and not smoke for NOBODY, when I am in the Hospital, I hear every few minutes that he's going out for a cigarette. Of course I stare him down when I am in severe pain and he just wants to walk out for a nicotine fix.
But anyway, He goes into the courtroom, and told me the defendant is sitting in a chair, once he hears the guys name, he stands up and says, Hey Joe! How ya been??? About that time, the Judge says, Mr. F****R ! Your OUT of here, and he comes home.
don't sweat it, if anyone has an excuse we do.
StarDust

Old 04-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User

Thank you everyone! I showed up and had it postponed until November. It will give me a chance to have my doctor ready an excuse for me.

Whew!

Trina

Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

Hi... All I had to do is get a note from my doctor saying I could not sit through jury duty because of my medical situation, back, and leg pain etc.... All I had to do is write them a email telling them I couldn't do jury duty and why, then fax my letter from my doc....with my signature and his.... next day I got a email back saying, "You have been excused"..... no problem....

Take Care.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:57 PM   #7

JWHIT HB User

I am out here in California, and I was picked for Jury Duty even after my dr. sent in an excuse, but they denied me and still wanted me to show up for jury duty. I went and was actually picked and when the judge asked me if there was any reason I couldn't serve, I said other than I am presently on heavy doses of pain meds and can't think clearly, no! He thanked and excused me and I was on my way. I have not received another one yet and it has been at least 2 years. My husband seems to get one every 6 mos. Take Care. Hope it works out for you!
Jean

Closed Thread