It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 05:57 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User
Doctors appointment w/ Artficial disc doctor

what can i expect from the doctor and the procedure itself. my appointment is wednesday in houston, texas. its been over a year of back pain. i have a contained herniated disc l4-l5. severe pain. ive been taking pain meds this whole time. i can't wait to get off the meds. ive heard that the artificial disc is a lot better than a fusion because of the recovery time and mobility. does anyone have an experience having ADR surgery. what can i expect. thanks, jason.

oh yeah, what about insurance. anyone have hmo blue (blue cross/blue shield)

Last edited by jayboy557; 04-19-2005 at 06:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User
Re: Doctors appointment w/ Artficial disc doctor

i haven't, but if you want to look up "virginia spine institute" on a search engine, they could give you more info. those are my drs, and they've been on the cutting edge of lots of procedures, incl this one.

not much, but maybe some additional info for you. good luck!
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

gmonsterfrog HB User
Re: Doctors appointment w/ Artficial disc doctor

[COLOR=Blue]Hello, I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but a girlfriend has had two of her disks out and replaced with the cages. I'm not sure if this is the same as ADR, I'm just started to read this volume of information, but her surgery didn't go very well at all. They insert some sort of sponge material that is suppose to make the bone grow through the cages and for her it has grown around. She is also in dibiliting pain daily and is mostly on bed rest now. Now now one will even touch her because of the risks. I will find out exactly what procedure she had and get back to you. All I can say is do look for research both pro's and con's. Message boards like these, the internet, second opinions, etc. The weird thing is she looked and looked and found that everywhere she looked nothing bad was said about this surgery (on the net)basically all positive, post op since her problems really began she found all sorts of info. It's really a shame. I hope all goes well and good luck with your decisions. mary[/COLOR]

Closed Thread