It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

diva78 HB User
I finally got smart and took a stand....it worked!

Hello everyone....I am so fed up with doctors...especially all the ones that I have been to recently. I have gone through 2 PM's and didn't like either of them and they never took my pain seriously or they didn't listen to me and constantly looked at their watch while I was there on MY TIME. So...I took the lovely BionicWitche's advice and didn't give up. Today I tried getting through to my Ortho and he never called me back as requested....called a new PM that they are trying to get me to go and was told that there is a 3 week waiting period and for someone that is in excructiating pain...thats a lifetime! I had it...I was fed up! I called and pleaded to get into my PCP doc today and thankfully they had an opening. I just got back from seeing him and it was the best decision that I could have ever made. I let it all out and told him everything that I"ve been experiencing and how I hate doctors and how they are only out for the almighty dollar and don't care a lick about their patients....all except him of course! He sympathized with me and told me to calm down and lets figure this out. He asked me who my ortho doctor was...and he knew him! He said that he would get him on the phone first thing tomorrow and tell him that he's been treating me since I was 10 and that I am not a pill popper by choice....that I need something stronger for my pain...and that I need to be taken seriously. My doctor has pull within the community so he can do all that he said! He then said that he has a really good PM that he wants me to go to that will listen to me and take care of me. I was amazed...he wiped away my tears and said that it would be okay! Amazing huh? There are doctors out there that care about us afterall...you just have to keep yelling and screaming until someone hears you! So...I should be getting some good news sometime tomorrow and I will surely let everyone know once I do! I am ending this day on such a positive high...its so unreal! I wish all of you the same kind of peace that I just got....never give up! God bless you all and have a good night. Until later~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: I finally got smart and took a stand....it worked!

Just came looking for you 'cuz I was worried.

And look at you!!

you did good all on your own

GOOD FOR YOU and bless that Primary care doc of yours!!!

I am so VERY happy after reading your post Diva -

I do think this is a positive turning point for you ~ you have the right to have your pain managed and with it you'll be able to make better decisions concerning YOUR overall course of treatment.

Now, I can go to sleep happy tonight
PLEASE keep us posted on how things progress now!

Can't wait to hear your "Tomorrow News" ... your on a roll now girl.

How is your bf getting along?

I was so sorry to see how bad he felt after the myelogram and that stunt they pulled on him not telling him to stop his meds was insane.
Hope he's feeling much better.

You two share some gentle hugs ~
It's been a hell of a week for both of you!

Major Hugs from Florida,
Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 04-19-2005 at 04:46 PM.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
(male)

TINCAN HB User

Hello
diva78 good for you. I know how you feel about doctors. Your pcp sounds like one of the few good doc's that is out there. I hope you feel better! I hope you have a blessed day!
TINCAN
LAMINECTOMY L5-S1
DISKTECTOMY L5-S1
FUSION L5-S1 WITH HARDWARE
BONE SPURS
MEGA SCAR TISSUE
DDD UP TO THORASIC AREA
STENOSIS
SPONDYLIOSIS
DISK BULGE L4-S1

Old 04-19-2005, 06:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Good for you! And a pat on the back for that caring doctor you have.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 04-19-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
(female)

tammys HB User

Diva, its great that you are getting results now!!! I am so glad you didn't give up and let the bad doctors make decisions that would not have helped you. Hang on to that Primary Care doc!!! It sounds like he is a caring doctor and sometimes we need that above everything else!!! Take care!! Keep Smiling!!!
Tammy

Old 04-19-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:15 AM   #7
(female)

jenjordan HB User

wow i hope you have more good news today for us

Old 04-20-2005, 06:38 AM   #8
(female)

diva78 HB User

Thank you all for the pats on the back!
I was smiling non stop last night and I'm so anxious to hear from my doc today and find out what news he has for me. I will post with a big head line depending on what the new is...so keep looking on here and we'll chat soon. I hope everyone has a blessed day and makes the most out of it! Hugs and love to you all!

QuietCook- Where have you been girlfriend? I was worried about you...you were MIA for awhile...but its good to see that you are back in action! Lots of hugs sending your way from TEXAS!!!!

BionicWitch- Hey there...thanks for always checking in on me! I hope you did get a good nights sleep last night.....how are you sleeping lately? I hope comfortably! My b/f was on bed rest yesterday but didn't get the spinal headache so he is back to work today and feels much better now. Thank you for asking..you are such a doll. We gave eachother gently hugs last night....so much for the honeymoon out of control loving phase
We'll get back to that one day I'm sure! Well...I'll get back on here when I have more news for you! Have a good day sweetie.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:17 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 06:37 PM.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:44 AM   #10
(female)

diva78 HB User

Me and Bionic were worried about you for awhile...but when I was gone for a few days she said that you came back and so I was relieved to hear that news! Your garden sounds absolutley beautiful...You and Bionic and so many others have been such a source of strength for me.. Oh well...as for the weather here in Texas...it is horrible! Haven't seen sunshine in almost a week....hasn't really rained either...just overcast..windy and sprinkles every now and then. At least give me some storms if its going to be gloomy out!
I am so glad to hear that your PT is going so well...with the exception of your ham strings...but they will come around in time...thats my thinking anyway. Always have to be optimistic, right? Never let them see you sweat!!!
Thank you for your kind words on my ongoing doctor dilema...hopefully in a few hours I will be getting some good news...I pray for that anyway!
Well I have to get some work done but I'll be checking back with everyone once I have something to report. Take care and have a blessed day! Lots of Hugs and Luv

Last edited by moderator2; 04-20-2005 at 09:00 AM. Reason: the posting rules are not the topic - please stay on topic

Old 04-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #11
(female)

diva78 HB User

Okay...I heard from the doc but nothing to stand up and jump for to report as of yet. He said that the reason that the doctor hasn't been calling me back is that he hasn't been in the office...he's been out of the country! WELL THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE OF THE STAFF TO TELL ME INSTEAD OF JUST TAKING DOWN MY MESSAGES!!!!
So he said that he will be back tomorrow but in surgery all day long. He requested that it was very important that he be called back and that if he can...to call him inbetween surgeries...if not he'll be in the office definetly on Friday and will call him back then. So my doc said that he will have something to report to me either tomorrow or Friday...but for sure I will not go into the weekend without knowing what happened! I really appreciate him going to bat for me....you have no idea. He is a life saver! I will keep you guys posted on what occurs tomorrow or Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Thank you!

Old 04-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #12

acl828 HB User

I'm going to take this story to heart. I, too, have been feeling very angry and deserted by the medical profession lately. I have tried to be the sweet, quiet little patient who does as she's told and keeps her mouth shut. I don't want to be a jerk but I am tired of feeling like I'm getting run over. I'm going to have to find the courage to stand up for myself and insist they treat me with compassion and not like another $100 in their pockets! Thanks for posting your experience. I will use it.....

Old 04-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #13
(female)

diva78 HB User

Glad I could help. We all need to take a stand and remember that its our livelyhood thats at stake. We can only be polite and quiet for so long...but once you've been told no when you know you need to hear a yes....its time to get ugly! Thats the only way these money hungry doctors will listen. I guess my doctor didn't get a call today...so here's for hoping tomorrow will bring some good news.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Tomorrow WILL be the day D ~

I just KNOW it!

will anxiously await to hear the news that rocks our little world

hope your pain was gentle today and that you have a nice evening.

Major Hugs,
Bionic

asl828:

GOOD for you!
You can still be sweet....just maybe not quite as quiet
have to watch out for yourself AND your pain afterall, it's you who pays the price and continues to suffer NOT the docs~!

Loads of Luck to you

Old 04-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

GOOD LUCK today Diva - stay by the phone
can't bear the thoughts of you going through the weekend with still no answers~!

Hugs,
Bionic

Closed Thread