It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
(male)

TINCAN HB User
Back From Pm Doc Appt.

Hello
I visited my pm doc yesterday and told him what was going on. His reply was that he didn't know what he was going to do with me. Don't get me wrong he was very compasionate and nice. He said that he wanted me to go back to the ortho spine doc to see what he thought about what is going on. I have had all the blocks and they do not do me any good. He stated that he has seen some people get their hardware removed and felt better. But my thought is if I don't feel better when it's out then what. He did say that I should let him know what the ortho doc says and he might consider a morophine injection in my back. Has anyone ever heard of this? I asked the pm doc about the scs and he said that it would not help me. He did tell me to lose some weight, and he is right I could stand to lose some weight. But some days when the pain is raging I just do not want to do anything. I know that the last time I was in the ortho spine doc's office he took x-rays and said that the fusion looked good but the only way to know was to open me up and take a look. I also want to thank all of you all for this board because it has opened my eyes up to alot of things. You know something people who do not have back problems and chronic pain don't have a clue! This board has given me hope and a comfort that I am not going thru this alone, and I am not the Lone Ranger!
TINCAN
LAMINECTOMY L5-S1
DISKTECTOMY L5-S1
FUSION L5-S1 WITH HARDWARE
BONE SPURS
MEGA SCAR TISSUE
DDD UP TO THORASIC AREA
STENOSIS
SPONDYLIOSIS
DISK BULGE L4-S1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: Back From Pm Doc Appt.

did you ask the PM if he would consider doing a hardware block?
while I've never had one from what my PM doc told me a SCS really only helps with extremity pain and does little to nothing for LBP only. Have you had an MRI since your fusion, there are other ways to try and determine if your fusion has failed.

please keep us posted
BW

Old 04-19-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Tincan, I had that done about 3 years ago and it was very helpful. They took me to OR, put me under with versed and then injected morphine and steroid directly into the spinal canal. Oh, I had such wonderful relief...about 3 months of it. So, don't be afraid to try it if it is offered. It worked so well for me.

Other than my own ortho, yours is the only other dr. I have ever heard mention doing this. I don't understand why; it is such a helpful tool.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Closed Thread