It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

bellsudev HB User
Dr. Jho

Hi,
I have lumbar stenosis and want to find out more about microforaminotomy surgery by Dr. Jho, any info would be appreciated. Bell

Old 04-20-2005, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Re: Dr. Jho

I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Jho. I understand that a lot of people make the trip to Pittsburgh for his minimally invasive surgeries.

I think the plan most people use is to contact his office and make arrangements to send him their films. He reviews them and lets you know if he thinks you would be a candidate for his type of surgery.

And it would never hurt to get another opinion.

whackedback

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Isnt he out of allegheny General ? I went to Flanagan, I think there in the same office.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:42 AM   #4
(female)

gcbpgh HB User
Cool Re: Dr. Jho

Hi, I have been trying to get an appointment for 3 months with Dr. JHo, yes he is at Allegheny General, my doctor had to fax them all my records and call for the appointment, they keep putting us off, I finally called about 2 weeks ago and they said he is booked until June and then he is going away. My doc says she heard he was going to teach, also, she has a patient who had surgery with him 3 months ago, he is having problems and Dr. Jho is not returning any of his phone calls, he now has to find someone else. I think he is another Doctor who is too busy now to take care of his patients if you can become one. Dr. Janetta is the same way, he also is suppose to be good but you must have your doctor send all records and they will decide if you can have an appointment good luck
gcb in pgh

Old 04-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
(male)

TINCAN HB User

Hello
From what I have heard Dr. Jho is about the best there is. It is no wonder he is very busy he does alot of surgery on pro ball players and pro wrestlers who have neck problems. One of his patients who he operated on for a neck injury was back wrestling in 6 weeks. Well good luck getting in to see him. I hope everyone has a blessed evening.
TINCAN

LAMINECTOMY L5-S1
DISKTECTOMY L5-S1
FUSION L5-S1 WITH HARDWARE
BONE SPURS
MEGA SCAR TISSUE
DDD UP TO THORASIC AREA
STENOSIS
SPONDYLIOSIS
DISK BULGE L4-S1

Old 04-21-2005, 06:53 AM   #6
(female)

gcbpgh HB User
Cool Re: Dr. Jho

I too have heard that he is the best which is why I wanted him to see me.
Maybe he only sees big time sports people with problems because I could not get an appointment. Anyone hear about him teaching, his office would only tell me that he was going away in June.

Tincan, I feel bad that you have all that surgery, are you from around Pittsburgh, who is your doctor?

Last edited by gcbpgh; 04-21-2005 at 06:54 AM.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:42 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[QUOTE=gcbpgh]I too have heard that he is the best which is why I wanted him to see me.
Maybe he only sees big time sports people with problems because I could not get an appointment. Anyone hear about him teaching, his office would only tell me that he was going away in June.

Tincan, I feel bad that you have all that surgery, are you from around Pittsburgh, who is your doctor?[/QUOTE]Ya know Dr. Flanagan is a young doctor up to snuff on the books. He did a real nice job on my back, Yeah it still hurts, But I cant blame it on him, Eveyone heals different. But they wont see you, If you had surgery before, your done, I do know this quack,Dr Ozgood who will butcher, I mean fix you up. There are way to many horror stories I've heard about him, My wife's uncle seen him twice, He screwed the first surgery up, He had to go back for seconds. He still see's him ? He is out of Altoona PA. Thats probably the only Dr I havent called,,

Old 04-22-2005, 09:10 PM   #8
(female)

bellsudev HB User

Thanks to all that have answered my question about Dr. Jho. I was able to get a phone call from his office this morning, but unfortunately I missed it. I had sent two emails and no answer, was surprised that they called me back, but now he's leaving in June? just my luck. There's a Dr. in Calif. that does just minimally invasive surgery, I guess I will have to pursue that further. One question, how does one get duplicates of mri's or cat scans?

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:45 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[QUOTE=bellsudev]Thanks to all that have answered my question about Dr. Jho. I was able to get a phone call from his office this morning, but unfortunately I missed it. I had sent two emails and no answer, was surprised that they called me back, but now he's leaving in June? just my luck. There's a Dr **** in Calif. that does just minimally invasive surgery, I guess I will have to pursue that further. One question, how does one get duplicates of mri's or cat scans?[/QUOTE]where ever you had them takin, Ask for copies, You might have to pay like $5.00 for them

Old 04-27-2005, 12:22 AM   #10
(female)

bellsudev HB User

I heard that Dr. Jho is suppose to be back in Sept. I can't seem to get a hold of them at all. There are so few of these doctors, I suppose they are just stampeded.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: if a word is asterisked out, then it is not allowed. please edit your post to remove it.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

Last year I sent all my films and reports to Dr. Jho, I was lucky it was at a time he was in the office and he got back to me right away my condition however is not operable but I felt better hearing it from the BEST.
He is a very busy dr of course cause he is the one that invented the procedure he does and the reason he is gone so much is because he is teaching others to do what he does so well. He also reviewed all my info at no charge.
As for getting a copy of your film most places charge no fee for the first set but when requesting another there is a fee per sheet, some places now are even putting the pics on CD'S I wish they did around here it would be so much more nicer then carrying around this big heavt stack of film.Anyway call where you had yours done and request them, some places will say they are their property not yours and will offer to send them out for you to where your going or tell you to return them, if they offer to send them tel them you will feel better to have them in hand when you go and if they ask you to return them well I just don't.Please becareful with them when you do get them as to not damage them by bending or placing inthe sun.
Linda

Old 04-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #12
(female)

bellsudev HB User

Hi,
You stated that yours is not operable, by that do you mean that no one could operate, or that just he would not operate? I just got through talking to a gal there and I am suppose to send in the MRI but she said he did not want the cd's she said he wouldn't take them. Did they send your MRI's right back to you or not? I have to pick up a copy of mine tomorrow, no fee. Thanks so much for info. Hope things work out for you. Bell

Old 04-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #13
(female)

bellsudev HB User

Linda ,
one more question, how did you send yours, so that they wouldn't get damaged?

Old 04-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User

No mine condition is not operable period at this time as it is to dangerous, I sent my film and reports to him because I just refused to believe all the drs I had seen, believe with the hoops they have had me jumping through I had no reason to believe them, I trust him completly though and believe you have made a wise choice, I kind of went overboard sending mine, I went to a place that mails boxes and ect. and had them send them and insured them in case of loss because it's so expensive to get them replaced, his office will ship them back to you at no expense if you don't mind them sending them back regular postage if you want them sent any other way you need to purchace a pre-paid sticker and put that in with your reports and film and instruct them how you want them sent back, I also didn't want to waste any time getting them back as I had other apps. scheduled, I have to say all my dealings with him went a very timely maner and he called me personally to tell me what he found and when I had questions after I called and spoke to his associate. Please let me know how this works for you.
Linda

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2005 at 11:44 AM. Reason: please turn off your signature after your first post in a thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #15
(female)

bellsudev HB User

Linda,
Thank you for your information, what made you feel that Dr Jho was more trust worthy then the rest, I have been so frustrated with the ones I've seen so far, that I have a hard time making myself want to see any of them. My problem is I don't know if I can wait 4 more months, I have more and more problems walking,
so know the problem is progressing. I guess I'll have a pow wow with the guy in the sky and see if I can get a reprieve. Bell

Closed Thread