It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
IMPORTANCE of asking TONS of ?'s

For those of you who know my hx -
the guy who did my disco I did check out, here are HIS qualifications.

Medical School: University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, M.D.
Additional Degrees: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, B.S.
Residency: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, Diagnostic Radiology Residency
Fellowship: Duke University, Durham, NC, Fellowship in Neuroradiology
Board Certification: American Board of Radiology Certification with added Qualifications in Neuroradiology

sounds awesome huh?

guess it my fault that I DID NOT ASK MORE ?'s before consenting to him doing me. LIKE WILL YOU TREAT ME HUMANELY!

No where on this bio does it say he ALSO specialized in TORTURE!
and obviously does NOT specialize in sedation or pt comfort

Just wanted to show the IMPORTANCE of asking TONS of ?'s of ANY Dr even after you [I]think[/I] you have checked him out

Bionic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

diva78 HB User
Re: IMPORTANCE of asking TONS of ?'s

You are absolutley right B! I am finally getting strong and taking your advice and its working. Sometimes us patients can be pushovers and just because the doctor went to school we think he knows it all. But we know our bodies better than anyone so we should trust what our bodies are telling us. We should also care enough about ourselves to know everything in advance of any procedure or surgery. Sometimes flying by the seat of your pants will wind you up in a lot of trouble...or in your case B....PAIN!!! Hopefully our lessons learned will help others...thats what we are here for!!!!
xoxox
Diva~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 07:27 PM.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Diva my Love,

still grinning at you - your somethin' else girl. Your so right in that so many of us sadly have to learn the hard way, I think we're conditioned from youth to "assume" Dr's are here to help us and to always do what they say etc....sadly I guess it's like good cop/bad cop while the majority of docs are in it for the right reasons and do everything for their pt's health and wellbeing,...sadly some are not. Some went into it for the wrong reasons and are a hazard instead of a help to they pt's they swore to look out for. Anyhoo.....

We are all tough, and we will all beat this and be back stronger than ever!!

------------------

And a Grand Wednesday to you too QuietCook,

My NS is Director of Spine @ USF and does have a spine fellowship.

I too am very anxious to see him and hear what he has to say ~
of course I will let you guys know - it will be late evening Tues 4/26 as my appt isn't until 4:10p and it's an hour from there to home.

Saw your other posts describing your Gorgeous yard! - for a moment I pictured the flowereing trees and shrubs and was there!
I so much admire your tenacity of keeping it up - I do wish you could find a helper for your rider....I too, adore working in my yard while not an acre it is quite large (3/4 acre) I have roses, gardenia and camelia's as far as my babies.
Hubby is keeping it up nicely but his forte is the veggie garden, he has a pretty nice one
... it's so depressing sometimes watching from afar when what I really want is my hands dirty and to DO IT
I pray this day comes soon as it is one of THE things I miss most now.

Hugs to both of you
BionicWitch

Last edited by Bionicwan; 04-20-2005 at 10:31 AM.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

StMishl HB User

Question: My Doctor (obviously the loser of loserville) had NO qualifications - I chose him because he was (get ready for this stupidity - ) CLOSEST TO MY HOUSE...

but for future knowledge...how do you know if someone has a "fellowship in treatment of spines" ?? Mine was an "Orthopetist and Spine Associate" and ended up having a DO and some weekend classes / certificates in the "latest and greatest spine surgery treatments"... How do I know??? (or is it just ask??) I did ask the nurse if he was "certified" and she said "yes" but maybe she meant "certifiable"... And he DOES have certificates... in "surgery of the month club"...What should I have asked???

-Michelle

Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #6
(female)

Read66 HB User

You are soooo right. I have ended up with a Dr. 40 minutes away just because of so many bad drs. I am slowly but surely learning not to be intimidated with them, they are working for me. I tolk the doc I'm seeing now, I am sure you have seen people with way worse injuries and way worse pain, but this is my pain, and its my pain we need to deal with now.

Best of luck to you always Bionic, Sending happy thoughts
Barb

Closed Thread