It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #1

Filmrobe HB User
Sticking my neck out

I am 65 and increasingly finding myself having increasing difficulty with my back, specifically disk generation in both the cervical and lumber region. Over the past 10 years I have tried to manage the pain and discomfort as fully as I can using all the practical forms of intervention available. A central concern throughout this period has been dizziness associated with the neck region. My post has to do with the fact that over the last 6 months I find that I am experiencing diminishing returns with my customery self-treatment approaches, like the application of a TENs unit, hot and cold applications, stretching programs, and the like. I am not at the point where surgery is likely to be considered an option. But I do suffer a great deal, particularly from the dizziness, which I've always exerienced as emanating from spinal compression. In other words, it actually "feels" like that. My question is, given the diminishing value of the approaches I have depended on until now, can anyone suggest an application or exposure that I haven't mentioned. A fairly mundane item that only recently occurred to me was a commercial neck brace, which I picked up recently at a drugstore. The question is, if dizziness, even more than sheer pain is a preoccupation, and DDD is the underlying condition, can someone suggest a specific application that might be worth trying? Related to this, is the neck brace a sensible thing to try out, and, if so, can anyone relate an experience in which it has been found to be not only useful for themselves, but possibly relevant to my problem? I would sorely appreciate any responses.
Thanks, Bobby

Last edited by Filmrobe; 04-20-2005 at 03:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 03:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User
Re: Sticking my neck out

A neck brace can make you more dizzy! Go to spine.org. Find someone with a spine fellowship and find out exactly what is going on. At 63 I had a 3-level lumbar fusion with BMP, by an ortho who was only two years off a fellowship.
fly

Closed Thread