It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
(male)

bback HB User
Thanks for sharing everyone

I just wanted to say thanks for all of you guys and all of your posts. it sure has been helpful to me. I've been lurking around here for a long time, reading your stories, thoughts and feelings. Im sure there are a lot of others like myself out there not posting but just browsing. I can sympathise with just about all of you. Im going in shortly for my second fusion in about 14 months.{disc above and below failed} Like many of you, i've tried everything under the sun to avoid this, but nothing else even remotely worked. Thanks again everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #2

acl828 HB User
Re: Thanks for sharing everyone

Just wanted to tell you that I absolutely feel for you. I had a single level fusion in August 2002 only to turn around and need a revision in May 2003 because the disc originally involved blew back out as did the disc below it. In November 2003 I had to have the hardware removed. For some reason, my body has never liked the foreign material present.
Anyway, I have just been told I need another surgery because now, the disc above has gone south because, according to the doc, too much pressure what put on it. Enough about me. I want you to know that it may be a long road but hang in there and fight to get your life back. We all deserve that!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 12:57 PM   #3
(female)

diva78 HB User

bback.....WELCOME TO THE BOARDS AND THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
I just joined a few months ago and boy have I made some life long friends on here. They is such a great amount of knowledge on these boards and the advice is also very much appreciated as well! It's a great place to read but also an even better place to chime in and get support for yourself ...so I'm glad that you have gone and done that. I am so sorry to hear about what you will be going through yet again. I have not had surgery yet but I'm heading that direction and I'm scared to death! I have to get a discogram in the next month or so and then possibly a discectomy....so I'm doing a ton of research and asking lots of questions. Thats all you can do....and belive it or not...some people don't do it...they just go with the flow and then they are sorry they did afterwards. Don't be a stranger and always feel free to type away...theres always someone on here that will type right back at you!!! Have a good day and I hope some of it is pain free! Diva~

Old 04-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Bback,

I'm so glad you've found support through reading our posts. No matter how bad a day I'm having I KNOW someone here reading understands totally my pain, fears, worries & all the other physical & emotional aspects that come from living with chronic pain.

I had my 1st fusion in 2003 and am also headed for the O.R. for a revision. I don't yet know the results from my disco or what if any other level may need to be included this time.

We're so happy you've found this board and I know you'll get invaluable, sincere support here.

please continue to post and let us know how things are going for you ~

BionicWitch

Closed Thread