It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

dclodfelter HB User
need some help understanding

I have been reading the notes of the ct scan after discogram and need to understand some terms. What is the meaning of diffuse degenerative changes with out a discrete annular tear. That was not explained....Can some one hel

Old 04-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
(female)

PeachJam HB User
Re: need some help understanding

I believe that it means that your disc space(s) are showing general changes for the worse, more than likely your spaces are getting shorter. Most of the time this is caused by a tear wheres the fluid in the discs leaks out and the discs shrinks, so they are saying that they cannot see a tear. Tears are normally seen with the CT after a disco as the fluid that is injected is leaked out of the disc. Hope this helps and was simple enough? Most of the time I confuse myself!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

have to again agree w/Peach Jam.

the good thing in this is NO tears, all in all your discs are showing degeneration.

Welcome to the Back board

What led you to have the disco? we have many here who are facing a disco of their own or have had one. I hope yours wasn't too awfully uncomfortable for you.

BionicWitch

Last edited by Bionicwan; 04-21-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
(female)

dclodfelter HB User

I have had low back pain. After pain meds, epidural steroid injections (3) failed to help, the doc was considering fusion. I have had two discograms.... not something fun! They were needed and I went into to it with the understanding that there would be pain, but it would help to lead to the end of most of my pain... knowing what to do. The fist one found that the disc that were to be used as support were abnormal, they produced pain very similar to my back pain so I was not 100% sure if that was what I was supposed to feel.. well anyway.. no fusion. I had the second discogram to make clear if it was "my" pain or not. My pain was clear the second time. Fusion was not an option.. Now I am being scheduled for disc replacement.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

why was fusion not an option?

what level are you having the ADR?

in any event, I'm glad you found the back board we're all glad your here.

I wish you loads of luck and hope you will keep us posted on how your doing.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 AM   #6
(female)

dclodfelter HB User

The Dr wanted to fuse L5-S1. The discogram showed L3-L4 and L4-L5 were abnormal and he would not do the fusion. He stated that the disc replacement would be a better fix.

What part of Fla are you from? I am in Jax.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Lakeland, (between Orlando & Tampa)

Old 04-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
(female)

dclodfelter HB User

Thanks for your help Sometimes it just helps you to know that you are still sane to see that other people are in the same boat. Not that you would ever want someone to ever have the same pain.
Hope every one is having a good day.

Last edited by dclodfelter; 04-23-2005 at 12:24 PM.

Closed Thread