It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 03:23 AM   #1
(female)

mely HB User
Unhappy so much pain!!!!

Hi,

I have had a lumbar dissectomny approx 5 months ago and have never been pain free since, actually i feel worse. In the last few weeks i have been expericing extreme pain in my legs and especially in my ankles, when i get up in the morning i cannot put my ankle to the floor as it is extremly painful, and i keep getting bruises on my left leg where most of the pain is for no reason and they come up very quickly even when i am sitting down????

I also have severe chest pain which radiates from my upper back and my neck is very stiff and causes headaches and severe pain in my arms and hands.

With the combination of all of this as you can imagine i am going insane, i had another MRI done a few weeks ago and the neurologists just sent me a letter stating no further surgery is needed at this time and come see him in 6 weeks if it has not settled down etc???

So i will be going back to see him in 2 or 3 weeks time and since the symtoms have increased in last 2 weeks i am unsure what to say or ask him for etc...

I am lost, my back is swollen and in severe pain and i am loosing the will to continue with this pain etc, i am exhausted with it all and very depressed from it as i am only 24 and i want to get back to normal....

So if anyone has any advice etc i would gratefully appreciate it.

Thanks
Mel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 03:51 AM   #2
(male)

tracer HB User
Re: so much pain!!!!

OMG i hope ur better soon.i am now 4 month post op and still hurt like crazy.had a new mri and doc say i have epidural fibroas,witch translates into failed back surgery.i have horried pain while walking and bad back pain that is constant.

Last edited by tracer; 04-22-2005 at 06:58 AM. Reason: fixing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 07:39 PM.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #4
(female)

sweetangel1980 HB User

God I felt like I was reading my story, I am also 24 and had the same operation as you......same pain, same chest pain!!!!!! I am right there with you, I haven't been allowed by my doctor to take anything n=but ibuprofen for the last two years, I just want to lay down and sleep forever!!!!!!

Mommy to a beautiful 5 year old girl.
Wife to my amazing husband of 5 years.

Closed Thread