It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

diva78 HB User
And The Doctor Said.......

Hello everyone....thanks for hanging in there with me and being by my side through all of my ordeals. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a burden but thats what this forum is for...to get support and help that we don't otherwise get in everyday life, right? Well my Primary Care doc just called and said that he just got off the phone with my Ortho Doc. He said that he was all prepared and had my chart and tests in front of him when they spoke. He basically told him how he has treated me since I was 10 and that I have a very high pain tolerance...never once have I come into his office just asking for pain pills and that I truly have something awful going on to be in so much pain all the time. He reviewed some of the tests with him and he is still waiting on others. He said that I will need to get a discogram done and he will discuss that with me on Tuesday when I have my appointment with him. He said that he will either help me surgically if I'm a good candidate or get me to an excellent PM doc to manage my pain if surgery doesn't look like an option. My Primary Care doc assured him that I wasn't upset with him, rather that I was just upset in general being as I've never been sick before (nothing serious) and that I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously...he just wanted to speak on my behalf to make sure that I was being taken seriously and getting the best possible care. He was absolutley thrilled that he called and said that he would take good care of me.
At least now I know that I have nothing to fear (except my discogram in the near future) when I go to the appointment next week. I know that I will be taken seriously and there will be no games played. I owe my PCP so much....you have no idea how good it felt to get his call!
Thanks to so many on here that have pushed me into finding my own strength and to never give up and what I think is right. We all have voices and we need to use them and speak up loud when necessary! God Bless you all and I pray that you each have a great weekend ahead of you thats more or less pain free.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: And The Doctor Said.......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[QUOTE=diva78]Hello everyone....thanks for hanging in there with me and being by my side through all of my ordeals. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a burden but thats what this forum is for...to get support and help that we don't otherwise get in everyday life, right? Well my Primary Care doc just called and said that he just got off the phone with my Ortho Doc. He said that he was all prepared and had my chart and tests in front of him when they spoke. He basically told him how he has treated me since I was 10 and that I have a very high pain tolerance...never once have I come into his office just asking for pain pills and that I truly have something awful going on to be in so much pain all the time. He reviewed some of the tests with him and he is still waiting on others. He said that I will need to get a discogram done and he will discuss that with me on Tuesday when I have my appointment with him. He said that he will either help me surgically if I'm a good candidate or get me to an excellent PM doc to manage my pain if surgery doesn't look like an option. My Primary Care doc assured him that I wasn't upset with him, rather that I was just upset in general being as I've never been sick before (nothing serious) and that I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously...he just wanted to speak on my behalf to make sure that I was being taken seriously and getting the best possible care. He was absolutley thrilled that he called and said that he would take good care of me.
At least now I know that I have nothing to fear (except my discogram in the near future) when I go to the appointment next week. I know that I will be taken seriously and there will be no games played. I owe my PCP so much....you have no idea how good it felt to get his call!
Thanks to so many on here that have pushed me into finding my own strength and to never give up and what I think is right. We all have voices and we need to use them and speak up loud when necessary! God Bless you all and I pray that you each have a great weekend ahead of you thats more or less pain free. [/QUOTE] Glad to here that, Good luck with the Discogram, Make sure they give ya somthin to loop yaup first..

Old 04-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #4
(male)

bback HB User

Congragulations on your good news. It sounds like things are starting to look up. I see you are going to possibly have a discogram. I have had 2 in the last year in a half, and with myself the pain was as bad as my pain level at its greatest BUT my PM doc injected a numbing agent right after he got his info. Discograms are an excellent tests in seeing if your discs are pain generators. I

Old 04-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

I saw your thread, held my breath, then saw your bouncing green guys and >>

so VERY glad for you Diva!

will keep you in my thoughts as always ~
can't wait to hear what the Dr says on Tuesday!

Hugs,
Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 04-22-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

How terrific! I wish I had a caring pcp like that..wow. Hang on to him for dear life cause there aren't many like him out there. You wouldn't happen to live anywhere near me, would you???? LOL. My pcp is a woman and you would think it would make her more compassionate...well, she is a woman with 2 faces. Either gives you a hard time and blows you off, or breaks her neck to help. The best thing I can say is that if I call needing something she will call the pharmacy for me if it is within reason.

So I know you are floating on cloud now and I am really happy for you! That's what every pt. needs, to feel cared for.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 04-22-2005, 08:04 PM   #7
(female)

tammys HB User

Congrats Diva!!! I am glad you got such great help from your PCP. I wish you luck with the discogram and your visit with the ortho on Tuesday. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!! Smile, you have a reason to now!!!

Good Luck!!
Tammy

Old 04-23-2005, 01:06 AM   #8
(male)

tracer HB User
Talking Re: And The Doctor Said.......

yaaaaaa grzzz.now u can have piece of mind with ur nero.

Closed Thread