It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #1

monacks HB User
Does anyone crack their back?

I've got lower back problems, a herniated disk. I crack my back every day. It gets this painful-like feeling and then I twist and it cracks and I feel better. IS this bad? Someone told me that's why I always have to run to the chiro to get adjusted, because I am making my own back go out.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
(male)

tracer HB User
Re: Does anyone crack their back?

i cant crack my back it feels like it needs it but a chiro wouldnt touch me.and hard twisting is out normal movement hurts sudden twist r like a wack with a bat and i now refframe from any sudden movement.when i was a teen my back would crack sometimes but after age 20 it stopped and i didnt crack it on purpose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

gmonsterfrog HB User

Hello monacks,
I used to crack my back also when I was able to of course and it also felt like it helped me a great deal. I do not know if it ok to do or not. Today I could not crack my back if I tried, me personally if I still could I would, it always felt like it loosened things up for me. Good luck!!

Old 04-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
(female)

blossom64 HB User

[QUOTE=monacks]I've got lower back problems, a herniated disk. I crack my back every day. It gets this painful-like feeling and then I twist and it cracks and I feel better. IS this bad? Someone told me that's why I always have to run to the chiro to get adjusted, because I am making my own back go out.[/QUOTE]

before my fusion, and after a failed laminectomy I used to pop my low back in every day the same way the chiro does it. did it for years. If I didn't, I would end up offsides in spasms. So it kept me walking for 20 yrs. I could feel it ache in my hip area, and would know I needed to do it. I don't know how you are twisting to do it. I didn't have to. Just lay on side and bring one leg up, like chiro does and push on knee. Mine pops in easily though, my hubby can't get his to pop. I find after a shower it's easier. Hope this helps. Don't do this on my advice, ask a medical profession first.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Wink Re: Does anyone crack their back?

I had a fusion in May, 04 and prior to the surgery I couldn't crack my back at all. But, about 6 months into my post-op recovery I noticed if I move a certain way my lower back cracks, it isn't a constant thing (usually just at night when I first lay down in bed), and it really doesn't hurt. Since it hasn't hurt my recovery I haven't mentioned it to my surgeon. I am not sure, I know my husband used to crack his neck a lot and his Doctor really discouraged him doing that.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:20 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[QUOTE=tracer]i cant crack my back it feels like it needs it but a chiro wouldnt touch me.and hard twisting is out normal movement hurts sudden twist r like a wack with a bat and i now refframe from any sudden movement.when i was a teen my back would crack sometimes but after age 20 it stopped and i didnt crack it on purpose.[/QUOTE]Hi Tracer, Hey I had a fusion of L4-L5-S1 with the screws...ect..I go to a chiro, BUT he wont touch near the fusion site, But in my upperback amd hips and neck, It feels good to have them parts ajusted. Just wish there was a way they could loosen up my lower back to I didnt think a chiro would touch me either, till I went,

Closed Thread