It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 10:08 AM   #1

acl828 HB User
Paula Abdul interview

Anyone else read the interview from Friday in People magazine from Paula Abdul? My mom made me buy it (I never, ever buy mags). There were so many points in the article that felt like they were from my story. It amazes me that, now that she's feeling better and showing it, she's getting all kinds of ugly comments. Shoot, I wish I felt good enough to be working and on a #1 show! I say good for her and "shame on you" to those who've been judging! I'd love it if I felt so good I could get up and dance.....
Just thought I'd vent a little. Thanks for indulging me.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
(female)

diva78 HB User
Re: Paula Abdul interview

What was the interview about? didn't catch it but would like to know what it was about. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #3

acl828 HB User

[QUOTE=diva78]What was the interview about? didn't catch it but would like to know what it was about. Thanks![/QUOTE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]In the interview she disclosed about the long battle she's had with neck/back problems...and when I say long I mean 12 surgeries worth of long! So much of what she said made me jump out of my skin because I could relate to it so well. She's had fusions and other things but was still in excruciating pain. Then, last year, a friend suggested she see a rheumatology expert at UCLA. She says he changed everything and today, she says she only gets one shot of Enbrel per week and takes no other meds for pain management and feels great. She was diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, a nervous system malfunction that usually follows some sort of injury. [/COLOR]

Old 04-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
(female)

SydneyZ60 HB User

I didn't read the article, but I did see a short interview with her on E tv. She has really been through alot, who knew. I felt really sorry for her, I know how it is to be in so much pain that you can't function, sleep, etc. As far as the ugly comments go, that's par for the course in our society and it's a shame - as if she hasn't had enough trouble. I was really glad to hear that she has had such a positive outcome after all of those years of misery, and I'm glad she's able to dance and enjoy her life again.

Syd

Closed Thread