It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
(male)

tracer HB User
wat the doc said today...

ruptured disc aug10,04 descetomy jan6,05

well guys here i sit its raining i knew it would cuz my pain in my back jumped fron 5 to 7 lol.anyway i went to doc today and told him the nerve block worked for 3 days and then i started hurting again.he did the little foot raise test and stretched my leg out witch hurt.then he talked more than he has since before surgery.he stated he wanted another mri cuz the scar tissue should be all grown now and the first post surgery mri was at a early healing stage.he also stated that unless he found somthing more than excessive scarring that he will send me for a funtional ability evaluation,and that surgery at this point was a bad idea cuz i would likly be worse off.he said he hoped with time i might get some relief but not in the near future and there was no silver bullet for the amount of scarring i have.i told him i understood the risk before surgery but i never thought scarring could cause so much trouble.he replied that for a few ppl it is a bad problem.thats about it guess next is a mri or a FAE.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: wat the doc said today...

Tracer,

Sorry your in so much pain - reading this post replayed in my mind EXACTLY like my post op visits after my double Lami.

Try not to be too discouraged just yet, perhaps it is scar tissue and if it is I strongly recomend NO surgery to correct it just yet. Your still fairly soon out from surgery - try to hold on and think positive perhaps things will settle down some still. Scar tissue can be an extremely painful and hard to treat problem that some are left with after surgery - I like you, suffered from it then & now. I am not an advocate of ESI's only because of the havoc they cause on the body and the fact that they never helped me. My Dr did however do frequent trigger point injections the 1st few months after mine and they helped me considerably.

I wish you well
Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 04-26-2005 at 12:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread