It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 11:39 PM   #1

NightStrike HB User
Posture support brace

I was wondering if any one could recommend a good posture brace that can help with my posture and help with some minor lower back pain. I saw this one called Back a LineÖ seems like its good, but donít know. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
(male)

victorsch HB User
Re: Posture support brace

I know of a couple of good braces, but they are pretty much the same in function. If you get a brace that has some elastic "belts" that you wrap around the brace to tighten it in the front, then you should be okay. You don't have to pay big bucks for these braces, as I have seen the same results from ones in health specialty magazines and in Wal-Mart.

One word of caution, however, with back braces. People can become dependent on them, and they are not a long-term solution to back pain. The more you use the brace and support the weaker your core muscles will become. The weaker those muscles, the more you will be succeptible to injury and more pain. Your body is already equipped with core stabalization muscles that will work the same way as the brace. A good physical therapist would know what these are.

Anyways, I hope this helps you out a bit.

-V

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 08:55 AM   #3

NightStrike HB User
Re: Posture support brace

Well the good thing about the Back a Line brace is that it says it wonít weaken your back muscles. Here is a review of it.
"The Back-A-Line back support belt, with its patented firm, curved lumbar pad, has been proven, in a peer-reviewed study, to improve posture, at a sub-conscious level, which is the only way to reduce back pain or prevent future injury.

Its non-stretch design eliminates the risk of muscle weakening, a fear with other back belts. Back-A-Line is designed to combat the actual cause of back injury, poor posture, rather than addressing only the symptom by masking back pain. The Back-A-Line Belt is a lower back support belt with a unique, patented design which reduces back pain, prevents injury, and promotes good posture".

Closed Thread