It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

Conklette HB User
Post Lumbar Fusion w/Instrumentation done 4/20

Well Hi All

Its been a tough week. Surgery was last Wed morning. Two cages and 3 screws later at L5/S1 and I was home Sun morning. Surgery was a great success, no leakage of any kind. Tough couple of days in hospital, I had a real bad headache so had to lie flat and keep quiet and the room dark because they thought maybe I leaked after, well turns out it was a sinus infection, just what I need right then and there. Anyway, once that was found out everything has been going quite well. I'm up and down at home, walking more than sitting (Hurts alot)

Only taking 2 percocet every 4-6 hours for pain. So far thats all I have needed. Just thought I would let everyone know how its going, you all were such a great help for me going into this.

Will keep in touch!!

Old 04-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #2

acl828 HB User
Re: Post Lumbar Fusion w/Instrumentation done 4/20

Good luck to you!!! I, too, had a fusion. Mine was May '03 and was a double at L4-5 and L5-S1. What you had done sounds all too familiar. Take care and be well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

I'm in the process of scheduling my fusion, any suggestions, advise so on would be welcomed!! I'd love to heat all about it, even the terribly pain part!
~M~

Old 04-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
(female)

Conklette HB User

[QUOTE=mlachowicz]I'm in the process of scheduling my fusion, any suggestions, advise so on would be welcomed!! I'd love to heat all about it, even the terribly pain part!
~M~[/QUOTE]

Hey Mlachowicz

I won't lie and say it was a piece of cake. It hurt like a *****.....lol....woke up in alot of pain but the morphine helped that immediately. I to was very nervous and read alot about was going to happen, got alot of good info and alot of bad. Keep a positive mind and everything will be okay. Had home nurse and pt out today and they said I was doing amazing. They don't need to come back. Not taking alot of pain med but taking enough to keep comfortable. They told me I would have a clam shell brace which turned out to be a LOS brace, comfortable and easy to use. Good Luck. Any questions just let me know.

Closed Thread