It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

diva78 HB User
Survey Says: DISCOGRAM

First let me say a good old heart felt THANK YOU to everyone who posted on here today for me and Bionic to have a great results driven day! You are all so wonderful and such a huge source of support to me! (Some days I know for a fact I couldn't have gone through without this board and the people on it)
Well I went to the doctor and I wasn't pleased once again with how I was handled. It was another scenerio of waiting around for the doctor to finish all the other patients on his plate and then when he got to me...it was RUSH RUSH RUSH....I couldn't believe it. Even after my PCP doc had called and spoken to him about this last week! He rushed through telling me that the Nerve Conduction Study and EMG showed severe nerve damage to my left leg......NO...would that explain the lightening bolts shooting down my leg over the past 8 months?
He said that since the Nerve Root Injection provided no real relief for me...that I would need to now get a discogram and see if that would provide the results that we are looking for. He then asked me about my medication and I told him how it wasn't working...I'm taking too many and its bearly cutting through the pain...that I called his office last week to be referred to a PM doc and I still have yet to receive a call back. He then went out to tell his assistant to get me a referral to a PM doc on the other side of town and that he is the best there is. I have a hard time believing that! The last one he said that about looked at his watch when I was telling him my ailments!
I just smiled and acted as though I was really into what he was saying...I didn't want to loose it right there in front of God and everyone...though I could feel the tears forcing their way through! He wrote me a new script of hydrocodone since I'm out of my last....and it will be enough to get me through until I get to a new PM doc. I am calling my PCP tomorrow and having him call and get me into a PM doc he suggested that he knows well and will take care of me. That at least will be good news when it happens.
So...I then go to fill my perscription and am then told that my insurance will not pay for it since I just filled the same kind two weeks ago. (they had the script written wrong and it was a 2 week supply and they wrote it for a month) So needless to say I had to pay full price for it...instead of being $10 it was $60! Wouldn't be that bad if I had money in my account!
I am so sorry to everyone....I apologize for my sarcasm and not being in a graceful mood....but I know that you all love and accept me...in my good moods and bad, right? Today just topped the cake. I don't even know how I will pay for my portion of the discogram....how much it will be....and then furthermore....how much surgery would cost out of pocket????
I know that there are others out there....maybe even reading this, that are going through my same problems or even worse....so I'm sorry If I come across as a baby....stress is just not something that I deal with well. It's been one mountain to climb in front of me for over a year now and I'm so tired of climbing! I'm in the position to where I have to be the strong one for my son and my boyfriend and keep working even though I'm in pain everyday....I have to be the support system and financial provider and make sure everyone is cared for....but I just badly want to be taken care of myself! I'm so selfish for even thinking this way....but its how I feel.
Well look at this...I've written a novel and totally had a breakdown in front of all of you. I'm sorry to all of you that had to endure this....and you thought that you were just getting my doctor visit update!
I hope that BionicWitch has a better day then me...I pray that she will have some good news to deliver to us all!
Thank you everyone for reading and just keeping me in your prayers. I know that I will get through this tough time...just like each of you get through your tough days, weeks, and years. I have to keep being strong and believe that better things will eventually come from all of this that is happening in my life now. Hope everyone has a good evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Re: Survey Says: DISCOGRAM

Sounds like he wasn't real patient with you or your needs D
I agree, disco should be the next step.

CALL your pcp and get into see a PM (of your choosing) ASAP.
I think the skittles are NOT helping you, enough.

So sorry about the ins/self pay crap you had to deal with over the Rx
- thats nuts.
Unsure what insurance company you have.... the disco IS coded out as a DIAGNOSTIC procedure rather than a therapeutic. This makes all the difference in some co-pays.
example: all of my ESI's & disco - I had NO co-pay as it was diagnostic. The facet blocks were (to me diagnostic) billed not as diag - but as therapeutic *I tried to fight this one, for it was "to see if they were bad" rather than to make them better or lessen my pain other than maybe short term - in the end they helped me none.
I still had to make a $2oo co-pay since they coded out as therapeutic.

so, no positive progress apparent just yet for either of us Diva.

But, we'll get through it all

Hugs,
BW

Old 04-27-2005, 05:58 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

rowboat HB User

Poor diva! I know how you feel. Hopefully, you'll find a PM doc that will take the time to listen to you. My first NS spent a total of about 3 minutes with me before telling me he couldn't help me. The one I see now may run late, but he never seems rushed. He answers all my questions and explains things several times until he knows that I understand.

As far as the insurance goes, I'm right there with ya on that one, too. I don't have any prescription coverage, so my PCP takes pity on me whenever he can and gives me samples. My portion of the disco through my policy was $422. I'll pay it off a little at a time. I just got them paid off for my 6 ESI's. Plus I owe another hospital $400 for aqua therapy and yet another hospital $1600 for my MRI and my daughter's surgery last fall. Can't wait to see the bill for my upcoming surgery. But oh, well. It's only money, right. Didn't the seven dwarves have a song about that? "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go"

Have as many breakdowns as you need to, that's what we're here for.

Hugs...

Becky

Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 AM   #5
(female)

jenjordan HB User

Diva
i just wated to say i am sorry about the way the doc treats you too. Hope you have a blessed day
Jenn

Old 04-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

diva78 HB User

Thank you everyone for your ongoing and endless support. You have no idea what it means to me each and every day. I just read Bionic's report and can't believe all that she endures. God has a heavy load today with all the prayers being sent out on this board alone! Here's to hoping that we all have a better day today and can put a smile on our face somehow.

I did get some news this morning that made me smile. I got an offer to get my old job back. The one with the unbelieveble benefits and the drive for success that I so desperately need back in my life now! They are going to be calling me today to let me know what all needs to happen but if it all goes as planned....I'll be starting on May 31st with a getting my life back! YEAH

Have a blessed day all of you...and thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. No complaints out of me ...at least for today anyway

Closed Thread