It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

pollyb HB User
Hi Im new, I need some info. on pinched nerves?

Hi My hubby woke up a week ago with cramps in his calves, he could not get up and they broke vains on his right leg calve, I have never seen him in so much pain. He went to the dr. and they gave him valium and quinine for the cramps they took blood tests and his mag. potassium, and everthing is fine. it has been over a week and he still has pains and feels like he is going to get a charlie horse every time he moves. so he went back to Doc. and he set up a mri for him and said that me might have a pinched nerve in is back. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Thanks

Old 04-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Hi Im new, I need some info. on pinched nerves?

I have been dealing with the calf pain for a few days now. I had an MRI 2 1/2 months ago that showed a disc protrusion in my lower back. The disc was pushing slightly on the nerve. I had an adjustment at the Chiropractor last Thursday and now I am having the calf pain and numbness in my left foot. I cannot get up on my toes anymore with my left leg. The pain is not as bad in my calf as you describe it only hurts when I walk. Most of my pain is in my lower back. It does sound very similair though. When it started hurting again after the adjustment last week the back of my leg above my knee had that same pain your husband has in his calf. I could feel the back of my leg cramping up really bad like a charlie horse. It does sound like a pinched nerve that he has like mine. I am having another MRI this Saturday because she thinks my damage is worse now because of my symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

nean612 HB User
Re: Hi Im new, I need some info. on pinched nerves?

Is he on any blood pressure meds???? My sister has horrible leg cramps if she runs out of her pb meds. Does it happen when he is sleeping? Is he eatting lots of green veggies??? Bananas???
I dont know about humans, but in animals the potassium levels in the blood is not the same as what they are intracelluar.

Hope he feels better

nean

Last edited by nean612; 04-28-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Closed Thread