It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

gmonsterfrog HB User
Curious Fusion or ADR?? + general ??

Hi, I've been doing my reading but I am curious what others think between the 2 options. Fusion or ADR? I'm not sure either has a good success rate, I'm thinking everything is a 50/50 chance. I had my lami last May and haven't noticed much since so I'm off to making another decision. I thought I'd be a walking miracle patient. Not the case. So if anyone has some input I'd love to hear it. And if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Thanks again.

BTW I was wondering if there is a way of PM'ing ppl on this forum. I can't find email addresses or anything. I was reading another post and the member said if anyone wanted more info contact them, how do I go about doing that? I tried the buddy list, and then it gave me an error say I do not have access to this section. Thanks all for participating.

[b] [ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ] [/b]

Last edited by moderator2; 04-29-2005 at 05:13 AM. Reason: The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Smile Re: Curious Fusion or ADR?? + general ??

I personally had a fusion and have had good success. I was having a lot of nerve related issues (nerve compression causing foot drop and actual loss of feeling to my foot), I noticed improvement to the nerve related issues almost immediately. I am walking up to two miles a day five days a week and have settled into a regular streching regiman. Though, I have to say certain things I do I still feel in my back and I do have to watch myself, but over-all I would say I am about 80 % improved over what I was before surgery. I have no experience with ADR, however I know many people on the forum are going that route.

As far as emailing, my understanding is it is not allowed on this forum and that is probably why you couldn't do it (we are an anonymous forum; it is in the posting rules and regulations). I hope this helps!! I hope you get the information you need!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 11:53 PM   #3
(male)

rain6201 HB User
Re: Curious Fusion or ADR?? + general ??

I was in the same situation. I wanted ADR in germany, but then due to my physiology and work comp status; I had to have a 2 level fusion. The pain in my leg and low back is much better. I can sit to play piano and go out to eat or a movie; that hadn't been the case for 2 years. However I did trade that for severe migraine and neck pain. My surgery needed 2 stiches in the dura because of spinal leak. As a result the leak not only gave me fever for 2 weeks, but a pocket on my back that had to be drained. I now have scar tissue and get headaches and neck pain with bending. Work comp says it will get better over time...we'll see. My case is not common. I still would recommend surgery. Fusions are old, more limiting, and longer to recover, but the newer procedures are just that new; I'd wait a while longer to see how ADR fairs, or I'd have fusion if the pain is to great. Good luck. Kevin

Old 04-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

gmonsterfrog HB User
Re: Curious Fusion or ADR?? + general ??

Thanks for the replies and your opinions on my question. I will need surgery soon and I saw that new ADR operation. It's very interesting but agree with waiting a bit longer to see results of the ADR. I'm hanging in there thus far, I'm on meds and can tolerate most days and the others I'm in bed. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again, Mary

Closed Thread