It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 07:00 AM   #1

Fitzgirl HB User
Unhappy back stiffness... JUST GOT WORSE! HELP

I woke up this morning feeling stiffness in the upper left part of my back, right behind and in the curved crevice of my shoulder wing... I don't know what to call it, exactly, but the part of your back that juts out if you angle your arm a certain way. If I tilt my head back, the stiffness can be felt from my neck all the way to there.

***UPDATE***
[COLOR=PURPLE]But I woke ut THIS morning and the stiffness has gotten worse! My left arm feels kind of numb, and it just feels like the muscle where the stiffness began is inflamed or something. It hurts to do some things like, reach for things and close my window. It even hurts to pull my shoulders back. [/COLOR]

My back has been pretty stressed these past couple of months... sitting on a very un-ergonomically (sp?) correct chair trying to get my final project for school done.... starring long hours at a computer screen. I've been doing stretches, but I find it difficult to keep my back straight. It's only this morning that it started to feel this way. I've also noticed my shoulders are starting to tilt a little to the left...

Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Thanks.

Last edited by Fitzgirl; 05-01-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: back stiffness?

For one thing, too much time spent hunched over the computer...try standing up straight periodically, with your shoulders back and level, and make a few turns around the room. If you can't get a different chair, try using pillows or folded towls for support where it is needed. My guess is this will pass as soon as you are done with this project. If it doesn't or if the pain gets worse, call your doctor.
You might try using heat and/or ice.

Carol
morphine pump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #3

Fitzgirl HB User
Re: back stiffness?

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Closed Thread