It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

Valley HB User
Question I think something is wrong, scared

Hi, I am 2 months post op,(PLIF) 2 level, and I have started having sharp stabbing pains in my lower back and hips when I try to get out of bed and stand, It feels like hundred of knives stabbing and turning in my back, and hips, and I almost fall, and probably would if I didn't have something to hold on too. Any ideas, it is really painful. Valley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: I think something is wrong, scared

Valley, the first thing that comes to mind is scar tissue. Do you walk regularly? That is the single best thing you can do to keep the scar tissue soft and supple. If you are already walking regularly, then I think you ought to let your surgeon know.

Let us know what you find out.

Carol
morphine pump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Re: I think something is wrong, scared

Valley,
I am so sorry to hear your in pain again. The same thing happened to me, but when I see my Surgeon since the surgery I go 24 hours without pain meds, this way he can actually SEE and FEEL the problem. Now I find I have to have another surgery Wednesday to replace Hardware Migration and Scar Tissue. I began having pain and tingling (Voltage) shocks. I was holding my upper right thigh just to walk.
Everytime I went to see my Surgeon I was drug free and in severe pain, it made him wonder what was going on and take a closer look at all the Xrays and CT Scans I have had since the surgery (I have gone to him every 2 weeks in pain). He then called me and told me what he found and that it needs to be repaired. For the past 2 days now, I can't get out of bed without holding onto the crib in my bedroom for when I was babysitting, due to spasms that just began again (Like I needed something else wrong).
Anyway, to cut this shorter, I have a post on here "More Surgery!!" and on the last page I just posted the article that his Nurse sent me to,to help me understand what has happened. Maybe there is something there that you might recognize.
I will be exactly 3 months post op on the day of my surgery Wednesday, However the problems began at 2 months, just like yours is starting. When I could no longer walk around the block I knew there was a problem.
Check out the post: "More Surgery!!" on the last page, I posted the entire article.
The best of luck to you, and when you see your Surgeon, each time be off pain meds for 24 hours and they REALLY get the hint.
Stardust

Last edited by sandollar; 04-30-2005 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Wrong Post Title Given.

Old 05-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #4
(female)

Valley HB User
Unhappy Re: I think something is wrong, scared

Thanks Stardust, I'm sorry that you have to have more surgery, I sure hope that is not the case with me, but it feels like something is definatly wrong, I haven't had pain meds in 2 weeks, just muscle relaxers. I really don't hurt until I get up, except for the muscle spasms. valley

Closed Thread