It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Question Missed a stair - new pain

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] [COLOR=Blue]Hi! I have being doing really well since I had my fusion procedure almost a year ago. I walk at least five days a week and I do daily stretches. Last night, I was carrying laundry downstairs and I completely missed the last step and really jolted my back. It actually seemed okay at the time, just a sharp pain that passed. However, I woke up this morning and could hardly get at of bed; the pain is radiating into my left hip and the inside of my left leg feels numb. I feel SO stupid right now! I feel like I have jinxed myself because I have been feeling so well and got careless. I will call my Surgeon on Monday if I don't improve, but I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen, but then had the pain pass? Oh yes, I have been alternating cold with heat. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

-Jo [/COLOR] [/FONT]

Last edited by Fiona_Jo; 04-30-2005 at 07:50 PM.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: Missed a stair - new pain

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Quietcook; 07-16-2005 at 07:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User

Jo,

Sorry this happened to you but it seems that it happens a LOT

A few weeks after my fusion, I tripped. Over the DOG.
Same symptoms as you and I really jerked things.
I was scared to death. But was fine afterall.
My Doctor said it happened in recovery at least once to most of his pt's.

I do hope your ok and feeling better, I'm sure you'll be fine but of course if your still in pain Monday by all means call the Dr's ofc and see what they think.

Bionic

Old 04-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Smile Re: Missed a stair - new pain

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Blue]Cook and Bionic-

Thank you so much for your words of support and encouragement! I am frustrated with myself for having something like this happen after being SO careful for a year! I haven't been posting so much because I have been doing pretty well, but have been lurking a lot! It seemed like once I got to my forth month of healing I was doing better then the eight months prior to surgery and staying pretty active. My husband had gotten to the point where he had been carrying the laundry downstairs (and even doing it most of the time), but the last couple of months I have been trying to get to my old routine prior to my injury. So, I guess it does stand to figure that the more I'm back into my old routine the more likely little accidents will occur. I will definitely rest the next couple of days and call my Doctor on Monday if I am still experiencing pain. I have x-rays scheduled for May 19 anyway. (It will be [B]ONE YEAR [/B] post fusion)!! Thanks again! You both are the best!!

Jo!![/COLOR] [/FONT]

Old 05-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red face Re: Missed a stair - new pain - Update-

[COLOR=Blue]I didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I thought I would update you. I spoke to my Surgeon's assistant and she basically said to keep resting and phoned in prescriptions for a muscle relaxer and Vicodin. (I have been off all prescription pain pills for quite sometime.) So, I have been resting and started feeling better today, so I figured I could run some errands and do grocery shopping. Well, as I was coming in with the groceries my little dog got right under my feet and OF COURSE I fell down! My son was right behind me, helping with groceries, so he was there to help me up. But, I had to lay on the floor for about 10 minutes before I could even get up! Geez! Could I get any more clumsy?? Thanks for listening!! [/COLOR]

-Jo

Old 05-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Oh, no, Jo. Whooops, that sounds like a pun, and I didn't mean it that way at all, lol. I sure hope you are okay and didn't cause any further pain. Gosh, it's so easy....if I had a nickel for every time I have stumbled or tripped, I could take a cruise! I have been fortunate enough that I have only fallen once, and that was enough, thank you. But I stumble and trip all the time and every time I do it, I jar my back.

I hope that a few days of taking it easy again will have you up and running.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 05-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smile Re: Missed a stair - new pain

[COLOR=Blue]Carol

Thanks for the kind words!! I think I got bitten by the clumsy bug. I had a lot of spasms in the night, and I am have some in weakness in my left leg. I will just take it easy for the next the couple of days!! [/COLOR]

-Jo

Closed Thread