It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
(female)

brighteyes907 HB User
Question Burning pain in left shoulder blade, anyone else??

I have been experiencing a burning pain in my left shoulder blade for awhile now, but lately has become quite constant. I have a pretty big knot below my ribs on the right side of my back that is putting pressure on some nerves and causing pain and numbness on my right arm and leg. I don't know if the two are related or if the burning pain is something else. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?? Need some answers, been making me worry.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: Burning pain in left shoulder blade, anyone else??

I have been dealing with the same burning under my left shoulder blade all winter & finally getting some help thru physical therapy. I am right handed & spend a lot of time on the computer, I lean on the left arm all the time, plus I paint & when I paint, I lean on the left arm too. Well, it's a "stress" type injury to the muscles under that shoulder blade. The lump you feel may be a muscle in spasm. I had many of those all over my back, due to the pain under the shoulder blade. Took many months of PT to work out the hard lumps in the muscles. The exercises, ultra sound & massages I get at PT have helped me immensely. I have been told that that area of the back is the hardest & takes the longest to get better, as it's not movable like other areas of the back. I am slowly seeing much improvement & have curtailed my long hours on the computer & have to watch myself that I don't put pressure on the left arm anymore.
It sounds like the same thing I have. Mine is a burning pain under that shoulder blade & also sometimes in the top of the shoulder as well, but is much better each day now.
Hope this helps you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread