It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
How long after microdiscectomy do you have to wear a back brace?

This week Wednesday I will be two weeks post-op and I have an appointment with my surgeon on Thursday for my follow up exam. I am pretty sure it was two weeks that I have to wear this brace. It was the nurse who said that though so who knows if my doctor will say the same thing. Hopefully Thursday he will tell me I don't have to wear it anymore. What are others experiences with this and a microdiscectomy?

Old 05-23-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Re: How long after microdiscectomy do you have to wear a back brace?

[QUOTE=Kari7171]This week Wednesday I will be two weeks post-op and I have an appointment with my surgeon on Thursday for my follow up exam. I am pretty sure it was two weeks that I have to wear this brace. It was the nurse who said that though so who knows if my doctor will say the same thing. Hopefully Thursday he will tell me I don't have to wear it anymore. What are others experiences with this and a microdiscectomy?[/QUOTE]

I had a Microdiscectomy/Laminectomy back on June 2, 2004 and I did not have to wear a brace.... my Neurosurgeon said he saw now reason to have people with Micro' s and Lami's wear one... said he felt it did more harm then good....Not sure why... just going on what he said.... so as far as knowing how long you will have to wear yours, its hard to say....I know people with fusions he has wear them until their hardware fuses....and such....but that is understandable..... Good Luck to ya!!

TRose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

confusedpatient HB User

I've had three discectomies, 1 micro, 2 with laminectomy, no brace. Wonder why he suggested it??

Old 05-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Maybe he's being overly careful. Which is fine with me. I do know that he is one of the best surgeons around and that he has been doing this for 20+ years so he must have some reason that is good.

Closed Thread