It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

mya_detroit HB User
Burning sensation front of hips

Hey All,

I am now seeing a physical therapist for my disc narrowing at L4-L5 (as shown in an MRI). She is more convinced that it is a twisted pelvis that is causing the pain and is treating me accordingly.

The thing is, when I leave physical therapy, I have this burning sensation in the front of my hips. It feels like heartburn of the lower abdmen and hip bones. I havent brought it up to her yet, but wonder if anyone else has had this odd sensation?

Thanks,

Amy

Old 05-24-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Burning sensation front of hips

The SI ligament wraps around your hip to your groin area. If you are out of whack and have been that way for awhile, it is going to hurt to retrain that ligament and muscle. Try researching SI dysfunction and see if you find yourself in the research.

Lay down on the floor and lay a level, yes a carpenter's level, across your hips bones. Are you level? If you are, don't let her touch you again. SI dysfunction are the new medical buzz words of the day. That includes twisted pelvis.

Did she do a straight leg test? What makes her think this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

spineo2 HB User

Hi, I had aburning sensation in bilat. hips and could not stand sitting in my car. I have a herniation of the the l5-s1. I recently had 3 epidurals with cortisone and the pain is gone. Although i still have pain down my leg, the hip pain is gone. Any questions about the inj??? I had a orth doc measure my legs, my right leg is longer and he measured my hips. I would seek more opinions...

Old 05-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

[B]Spine two[/B]: But you had sciatica, did the pain wrap around to your groin? I was told by several docs that with sciatica it goes down the legs to the foot, but does not wrap around.

[B]mya_detroit[/B] : Ask to see a nerve chart.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
(female)

spineo2 HB User

You definetly need to see either a neuro or a ortho doc. I have a herniation that is pressing on several areas of the s1 nerve root. The symptoms can vary. My pain radiated to both hips for a year before I started having leg pain. As eveyone can relate, its craziness!!!
I think the important thing is to do your research.. Good luck

Old 05-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

OK,Gotta get my 2 cents in here to .
After my original one and only Fusion of the S1 & L5 the first week of February I did GREAT, everyone on here can vouch for that. But as I got better and better I posted about my front hip/groin area burning.
After walking around the block for almost a month things changed. Within 1 week the mild pain in the same area, a few days more walking around the block, I began slowing down and holding onto my left thigh just to walk, the pain turned into burning so badly I could no longer walk.
2 weeks went by and I didn't hear from my surgeon about the CT Scan, my replies to the post was more of nobody ever hearing of this before after a fusion, and that no news should be good news.
I called the surgeons office again and was told by his personal Nurse she thought he already called and talked to me, she wouldn't tell me anything (which was not like her at all, plus her voice sounded funny), He called me back that day and said he had to actually line up my x-rays and ct scans from the day I was released from the hospital till then, and he said he found the hardware had moved BACKWARDS, What?? I never heard of that before and he never heard of the front thigh/hip area burning before either.
*K*, Another surgery 3 weeks ago and all hardware had to be replaced including the cages. But the left side now has a larger rod than the right, but the burning is gone.
During the surgery he found a piece of bone stuck in the sciatic nerve. THAT caused MY burning sensation.
I would definatly have someone looking into the S1 & L5 nerve area for ANYTHING out of place.
I am hearing ALOT more about this Burning in the groin/hip area now. And almost always the nerve is somehow involved.
Good Luck to you,
StarDust

Old 05-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Stardust:

Two different doctors have sent me for a female doc, now, three times, only to find that it was not a female problem, but a torn SI ligament. I am not sure what nerve was involved except for mine when I had to pay the bills for sending me to the wrong doctors and having female testing done. Each time they scratched their heads and said, "No problems there". I had ultrasound and sonagrams. It took seeing the DO to tell me that it was all part of the torn ligament.

But then, that is just my story, there are others.

SI dysfunction presents with pain in the groin, hip, butt dimple and the lumbar region.

Closed Thread