It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Injured Betty-Please Read

Betty,
I know you have gone through so much pain and nothing seems to ever help you, However, there is something I think just might.
I had the Medtronic Implant done for the bladder, no big deal and it worked great!!
But now they have the devices for pain. there are no drugs used, so you don't have to worry about that part. and there isn't any chat rooms or anything for the moderators to worry about.
Just straight information. I would recommend Medtronic for any reason, they are now coming out with one that is implanted in the back of the neck for people like my husband who is paralized on his left side and it actually allows them to use that part of thier body again. But that one is not out yet, however for pain, there is one and they DO WORK. they are very small and inserted into a fat pocket where you will never know it is there and a tiny wire is touching the problem nerves causing the pain.
It is the size of half a credit card and very thin, it never needs removed except maybe in 10+ years just to replace the battery.
You cannot feel it. Please read about it, almost every kind of surgeon can put one in, depending on the area being treated.
You can read all about it and get free information at: [url]www.Medtronic.com[/url]
This might just be the thing that takes away all your pain, forever.
Good Luck,
StarDust

Old 05-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Injured Betty-Please Read

Thanks, Stardust. I will read about it tonight.

I worked all day on my feet today and my SI joint is killing me. I need to go find some ice.

I am at the point where I will try anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Re: Injured Betty-Please Read

Keep me posted. I think this is just what you've been looking for. I only wish I had thought of it sooner, for that I am sorry. But I have had personal experience with this and I really think you'll finally see the silver lining that you deserve so much.

My recent bout with severe pain was my own fault. I helped put up a screen room out in the backyard (with brace ON). I now have the left side of the spine (surgical area) very swollen and I went to buy some milk today and even with my Brace on, my left leg went into severe pain and collapsed at the checkout. I've doubled my pain meds, called and cried to the surgeon and ya know what he said?

"You over did it after only 3 weeks out of surgery, stop whatever your doing and baby your back, not your Grandkids. I'll call and check on you Tuesday ."

OK, either he's VERY GOOD or has ESP . But the pain is bad, so babying it, I AM!
Love,
StarDust

Closed Thread