It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #1
(female)

diva78 HB User
Hello Everyone...it's been awhile

I have been away from the boards for a few weeks now for several different reasons but I am back now and I want to check in with everyone and see how you are doing. I, myself, haven't been doing too great. Good news is I started my new job and am about to start my second week in training on Monday. Another dose of great news arrived to us last week when the house that we made a n offer on that was declined??? Well they called us back and decided to take the offer afterall! So we definetly get to be in a house the first part of September...they are moving out of the country and are willing to do a slow close until September! So far so good right? It's my back....I had my second discogram done last Friday and the results I do not as of yet have. Since I am in my training and its intense for 6 weeks....I won't be able to go and see my doc for the results until the end of that time. I called and asked his assistant to read it to me.....she did and basically we both needed an english translation...but it didn't sound so good. My back is killing me sitting for such long periods of time in a class room type setting for all of these weeks ahead of me! The medicine is the only way that I get through the day. I really am trying to make this dose be enough for me but I think that I might need to eventually move up to the 160mg instead of the 80mg that I have now because sometimes I have to take 2 instread of one in the morning or sometimes at night. I don't like the side effects of these oxys thats for sure though. Sex life is abosultly gone since me and my b/f are on the same exact script! Very weird dreams...dry mouth....headache all the time...but it takes my pain away more than any other pill has done so I'm pretty much in a corner with this being a problem!! My attorney suggested that I don't get surgery right away...put it off as long as I possibly can because its not something that I should consider as long as the meds are worling and I'm getting out of bed and able to walk....and he makes sense...since surgery is such a last option for me...I will wait until my body absolutly tells me that I need to go through with it....I don't want to make any mistakes...at least as far as my back is concerned!!!
Well I've missed all of you and hope that you are all doing fine. Some of you had docs appts that I was waiting on hearing back about (JenJordan...I think we touched on it a bit....don't know if you got my threads I started about you) Bionic I hope that you and QuietCook are both doing extremely well. MySpine....just everyone....too many to name...I hope that you are all doing well and my daily prayers always considers each and everyone of you here on my lifeline through life!! Thank you all for always being there to help me and everyone trugde on ....to accept...conquer and defeat!!! God Bless....Hugs and Love to you all tonight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 02:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Cool Re: Hello Everyone...it's been awhile

[COLOR=Blue]Hey Diva ..

Great hearing from you! I just wanted you to know that you have been in my thoughts. I was thinking about posting a thread to you to see what you've been up to!! I have been worried about you, but, I am so glad to hear you are doing okay and the pain meds are still helping. As, I am sure you have read; I am still struggling a bit. (But, my x-rays looked okay -- so I don't what it all means.) I just wish I hadn't been so DARNED clumsy and curse myself everyday!!

Anyway, I always enjoy hearing from you. Keep us posted!!

-Jo [/COLOR]

Old 06-05-2005, 06:55 AM   #3
(female)

jenjordan HB User
Re: Hello Everyone...it's been awhile

Good Sunday Morning Diva
I went to the spine center and the def said i have some nerver damage need meds increased.....but i willl have to go to pain clinicn for that. Oh they scheduled me an EMG and cancelled the mylogram. I have been in alot of pain lately but this morning I am feelin like going to Sunday school .ITs a bummer I have to wait for my appointments I am happy for all your good news Keep us posted.
Jenn

Old 06-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Hi Diva,

So sorry to hear that the pain isn't any better, but happy for your good news.

Yes, surgery is always our last option, but please, please remember that while we delay, we also decrease our chances for a fuller recovery, if we are dealing with compression on nerves. Weigh that along with all the other information and guidance from attorney and doc.

Pleased that at least you are getting some relief from the medications. Have never had to use oxy, but then I have reactions to most narcotic medications and we save those for when I'm in the hospital and I just tolerate the best I can with other meds prior to hospitalizatioin.

As for myself, I'm still tough and going. Have days I don't need patches at all as I can ignore mild pain. Do actually have a few days with no pain at all,whether because I'm not doing anything significant or things are just that good. Will take it either way. Don't use the oral ultram on a regular basis, so overall I'd say things are going really well for my back so long as I don't over do.

Thank goodness things have been good for me as have been dealing with changes in my mother's health. Her heart failure is causing problems with other organs so she hasn't been herself the last few weeks. Now the docs are adjusting medications again. Sometimes it keeps me busy just catching clues of moving and breathing changes as she won't complain until she gets critical. Even when I catch it like this time and get her in to the doctors early, just making all the changes to her oxygen, medicines and her medical files I keep ready for emergencies can be challenging. Happy things appear to be smoothing out again and she seems to have a little more stamina today.

So, looks like we both have had some good news along with the not so good. Just hope you will see more good things in days to come, but don't ignore the time duration of you pain, because you don't want to NOT have the surgery only to get mild relief instead of a really good outcome.

Enjoy that new job and know you will be mentally busy planning all the good things about moving into your new home this fall. Glad things are looking up for you.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bionicwan HB User
Smile Re: Hello Everyone...it's been awhile

Hi Stranger!

so much going on D ~ AND so much has happened since I last saw you.

Congratulations on your new home!!!! awesome news!

your a veteran of the disco now, how do YOU think it went, hope it wasn't too hard on you .... and very glad that test is over with. As far as putting off surgery, let's just see what the disco shows and what your surgeon thinks.

It's gotta be hell sitting like your having too...are you allowed to take a lunch box/bag in class with you? - I can't do the sitting at all when I am at the ofc unless I have my faithful ice packs. I carry them everywhere I go, if you could get one of the small ones and just stick it in your pants, I do, and couldn't get through my days without one!

I'm late getting off to work, glad I saw your post ~ will catch up with you on all soon!

huggles,
Bionic

Last edited by Bionicwan; 06-06-2005 at 03:08 AM.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi there
It is great to hear about your new house Sounds like the new job is going good too. I would just take one day at a time as far as surgery, you will know when it is right, whenever each day is bad enough that you say I am willing to take the chance with surgery because i am so miserable that i do not see things getting worse, then you will know. Don't you like the hot days that are here? I had a ACDF of C5/6 on wednesday and have this stupid neck brace on so everything feels even hotter , plus I do not want to go outside in the heat then I would sweat under this brace and that would be too GROSS
Well i hope things continue to do well for you. Keep us posted
Myspine

Closed Thread