It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

xcrunningchick HB User
Question Sciatica and itchy foot???

I have two herniated disks (L4-L5 and L5-L6) and sciatica on my left side. I have had leg pain and numbness in my legs/feet for awhile and have seen doctors about it and am on painkillers all the time now. In the past few weeks, however, my left foot has become really, really itchy, so much so that it drives me completely insane all day if I don't constantly scratch it. I'm just wondering if this is a normal part of the nerve effects of sciatica. If anyone else has experienced this as well, was there anything (besides surgery) that made it stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: Sciatica and itchy foot???

Please visit the spine universe site. The link info is provided in the threads at the top, in a post from BionicWitch on good information for lots of us, or something like that. Once there, so a site search on the spine universe for Neurological.Exams.Sensory.Nerves and you should find an excellent article with charts to tell you where or which nerves could be entrapped that give what type of pain in what areas. In fact, just browse through various areas of that spine site and you will find lots of helpful information.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Mine did that to me last night. I have been getting better and hardly having any foot pain lately since my microdiscectomy. Last night my foot started itching so bad when I was laying down. I scratched and scratched it. It's like having mosquito bites in the inside of my foot. It was gone today though. I have heard that itching is a sign of healing. It sucks because nothing gets rid of the itching when it has happened to me.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
(female)

mm78 HB User

Same with me! I hurt my back at the L5/ S1 and have a herniated disc and severe spinal stenosis. My right butt and leg is completely numb, but my foot has been itching all the time and driving me CRAZY! I didn't think the two were linked until I read your post. I'm headed to the site Quietcook mentioned to read about it.
Just another crappy distraction to the pain...!

Closed Thread