It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

heelsgal HB User
Question Epidural Injections gone wrong???

hey guys,

i know that ESI aren't the best thing in the world for you, but being in my position, it was the best option at the time. now with that said....here is my problem.

i had a TLIF L5-S1 last summer and have done pretty well until the 9th month. i started hurting again. hoping it was just a flare up, i went to my Pain Mgmt doc who said it looks like it is the level above the fused one that is causing the problem. so he suggested that i have a series of ESI done. so i gave it a shot. the first two worked wonders. i just had the third one a week ago, and it is going downhill quickly. my left side is the one i have always had problems with and now my right side is giving me heck. the main issue is i guess you could say like a sharp, electrical sting that goes through my tailbone area on the right side. my feet are also tingling. anyone else been worse after their 3rd injection? i thought this one was supposed to work better than the other ones. any suggestions or opinions on what is causing this??

thanks in advance!

heelsgal

Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: Epidural Injections gone wrong???

How did your pm decided where the pain was coming from? I am concerned that he immediately suggested a series of 3 injections without proper diagnostics such as MRI. After much reading, it is clear to me that a red flag has been waved and that perhaps this pm is not doing what is best for you.

You are right in thinking that the 3rd shot is supposed to be the one to give the most relief.....did the pm use fluoroscopy? About all I can suggest is that you use ice to the area and that you call the pm to report this and see what suggestions he might have for you.

Now that you have had 3 steroid injections, I hope you realize that you cannot have any more for at least 12 months; you would risk bone thinning, arachnoiditis, loss of muscle mass, tissue degeneration, etc. These injections are much more potent than many realize.

Having said all that, I do hope that you start feeling better soon and that the dr. can give some suggestions for relief.

Carol
morphine pump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
(female)

annuk HB User
Re: Epidural Injections gone wrong???

hi. have a look at the most popular articles on arachnoiditis
on a new web site. all articles have been written
by dr Sarah Andreae Jones (Smith) http://www.theaword.org
take care ann

Closed Thread