It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Ed1944 HB User
Question C6/C7 Nerve, Tricep Muscle Weakenss

I have pressure on the tricep nerve exiting C6/C7 as a result of a disk herniation. The neurosurgon recommended decompression, fusion surgery. This is because of the loss of strenght from the tricep muscle.

He did mention something that I did not really understand as to much was running through my head. The aching in the arm stopped which was the reason that I sought help, but he stated that the damage to the nerve was already done. If I had waited longer than six months he would not recommend surgery. That may not have been stated exactly correct by me. Perhaps the nerve cannot recover after that long of a time being compressed?? Does this sound familiar. This is multilevel degenerative cervical disk disease. He will fix just the one joint causing the muscle weakness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User
Re: C6/C7 Nerve, Tricep Muscle Weakenss

Once decompressed I have read the nerve can heal in a few weeks to serveral months to a year or more. The nerves are named after the bottom vertebrae so it would be a C7 Nerve. If the pain has stopped it doesn't make sense to have the surgery now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread