It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #1

Parks71 HB User
Muscle spasms in your legs?

My calfs constantly spaz, it looks like bugs are in there they twitch so much. Anyone else have this and have you seen a doctor about it yet? If so what did they say?>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
(male)

jimmyhonda HB User
Re: Muscle spasms in your legs?

I too have this feeling - i am keen for someone to reply and what medication to take. when i am asleep, my right leg would twitch painfully which wakens me... the feeling like the muscles is contracting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #3

Parks71 HB User

Jimmy, if you cross your leg on top of your other leg and watch your calves, do you see them move all around twitching all the time? Mine is not painful but I do feel it. I also get it in my feet by the bottoms of my arches.

My wifes a nurse and I showed her and she thinks its the weirdest thing. My muscles never stop twitching, even on muscle relaxers.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Parks and Jimmy,

Have you tried zanaflex(trizanidine --Generic)it's been a GOD sent for me.This medication goes right to the source instead of making your whole body feel yuky like most muscle relaxers.

Toni

Old 10-15-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I've tried both zanaflex and skelaxin for my calf muscle twitching, to no avail (waaaaah!). Neither my ortho nor my NS have offered anything else. Next round is a myelogram to see exactly how much nerve impingement there is and see if surgery would be helpful or not.

This constant twitching is driving me nuts, though.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:11 PM   #6

Parks71 HB User

Im not really looking for what meds fix it, I want to know the reason my legs are doing it??

Old 10-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Well, sheesh, Parks71! Sorry that we didn't all answer your question directly.

As I said, my doctor wants to see exactly which nerves are getting touched, which is probably why I have the muscle spasms.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:49 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Losy HB User

Hi

Im not sure I can help. My experience is a little dfferent. While my leg muscles often twitch they also appear to have knots/lumps in them. I know the term knots makes little sense so why we describe these lumps as knots is beyond me. The only way I seem to be able to get rid of them is regular massags. My partner in massaging my calves and hamstrings twice daily to remove the lumps. This appears to stop both the twitches and associated pain from the muscle spasms/knots. Im not sure what is cauasing them. My Drs have stated that the pain stems from tight hamstrings and scar tissue surrounding the dura. This makes sense give previous surgery resulted in abnormal and excessive scarring. When I attempt to stretch my hamstrings I end up in pain. If I simply walk and focus on gentle movement life is a lot simpler and I experience less pain.

Try massage, heat packs these often help me

Losy

Closed Thread