It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

hurt spine HB User
Unhappy decompression gone bad

I had a bulged disc on my right and after 13 decompressions on the drx9000 I have a heniated disc on my left, same disk. Has anyone ealse expierenced a negative outcome with the drx9000?

Old 01-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User
Re: decompression gone bad

Yes, that can happen, but I was willing to try the process years ago in order to avoid surgery. My disc herniated into the spinal cord as the tension was release, and my reaction terrified the physical therapist. Emergency surgery was required for me, but I cannot say that the process caused the herniation. I could have just as easily moved too quickly the wrong way and done the same thing, so at least I gave it a chance to improved. It just wasn't to be, for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

hurt spine HB User

[QUOTE=Quietcook]Yes, that can happen, but I was willing to try the process years ago in order to avoid surgery. [COLOR=DarkRed]My disc herniated into the spinal cord as the tension was release, and my reaction terrified the physical therapist.[/COLOR] Emergency surgery was required for me, but I cannot say that the process caused the herniation. I could have just as easily moved too quickly the wrong way and done the same thing, so at least I gave it a chance to improved. It just wasn't to be, for me.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly when mine herniated I knew because I never felt such pain before and the pain had switched sides.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

I have read good and bad about the DXR9000 machine, I would guess surgical correction is now in order. If it were me now I would be more inclined to try the accuspina system.

Please make sure you investigate all you options now and find a doctor that only does spinal surgury. You may still benefit from MISS procedure like SED. I'd be cwary of IDET as I've read several studies where this failed and turned out to be painful. Quietcook has been through more than I could ever tolerate. Listen, Learn and read all her posts. You get 1 back and mistakes are DEVASTATING TING TO QUALITY OF LIFE.

Last edited by notpain; 01-01-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
(female)

hurt spine HB User

[QUOTE=notpain]I have read good and bad about the DXR9000 machine, I would guess surgical correction is now in order. If it were me now I would be more inclined to try the accuspina system.

Please make sure you investigate all you options now and find a doctor that only does spinal surgury. [B][COLOR=Red] You may still benefit from MISS procedure like SED. I'd be cwary of IDET [/B[/COLOR]] as I've read several studies where this failed and turned out to be painful. Quietcook has been through more than I could ever tolerate. Listen, Learn and read all her posts. You get 1 back and mistakes are DEVASTATING TING TO QUALITY OF LIFE.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response but,
what does this part mean?

Old 01-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

Selective Endoscopic Discectomy (Remove the Herniated Portion not the entire disc). MISS = Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery

You can always do fusion later if this fails. If you fix muscle imbalance and don't do the things that cause the herniation in the first place it will probalby hold.

Closed Thread