It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User
sneezed, had shooting pain through shoulder/down arm

this is first for me. emg showed nerve impingement in my neck but its the ulnar nerve. anyone have shooting pain in their shoulder and down inside of arm. it didn't shock me but it was my first painful sneeze. i did have a sinus infection over the holidays. what do y'all think. jayboy

Old 01-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User
Re: sneezed, had shooting pain through shoulder/down arm

just getting back to the top of the list. jayboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User

Hello Jay. My exhusband had his neck fused 2 years ago and it was wc and now he is having the same problems with had weakness and the wc doctor told him that it was his ulnar nerve in his elbow. That just doesn't make since. It is the same feelings he had before his surgery. He has made an appointment with a doctor on his own insurance to see what they say. I just think WC wants to get out of paying any more. He didn't settle with wc he wanted to keep the medical. Big mistake because now they are trying to say it doesn't have to do with his neck injury. I told him to get a lawyer because they are trying to get one over on him. He needs to make them take responsibility for this. He was a fire/medic when he got hurt and after his surgery he had to take early retirement and lost alot of money because of this. he was 2 years short of full retirement with the fire department. He should have got a lawyer.
Terri

Old 01-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User

that's terrible. good luck

Old 01-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
(female)

zephyrqueen HB User

Jayboy
I see you are still having troubles. I too have nerve degeneration at my C6/7 level with axonal neuropathy and left ulnar neuropathy. With pinced nerve at my elbow. It was also noted that I have a possible latency for biceps nerve degeneration as well. All of which was picked up on EMG last May. I was suposed to have a shoulder MRI done today but couln't make it. My neck was hurting so badly it was causing a SEVERE headache and burning pain between my shoulder blades. Two vicodin didn't even relieve my pain.
I do have the shooting pain down my arm that you speek of. Mine stems from the nerve damage in my neck. I often get the burning between my shoulder blades. Then at times I get it deep within my shoulder, which is accompied by spasms under my scapula. Then I get the sharp shooting pain down my arm into my hand. At times it makes my pinky go numb. Is this what you are speaking of? The back of my neck sometimes feels hot too. I also have OA in my neck and shoulder too which often does NOT help my situation. It's often hard to differentiate between the two, but when I get the burning between my shoulder blades....I know that's caused from my neck. Usually, burning is ascoiated with the nerves in the neck.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User

To the T. exactly. my neck burns between the shoulder blades. pinky finger is always curved down and hurts also. i went for my mri but i guess i swallowed to much during the test and they said it might not be readable. that stinks. i hope you feel better. stay in touch. we have all the same symptoms. jayboy

Old 01-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #7
(female)

zephyrqueen HB User

I will do that. I hope you feel better too. This is diffinately a pain in the neck! Litterally!!!! I don't know what to do for the pain. Nothing I have narc wise helps, or OTC. The pain clinic can't see me for my neck because they are doing MBB on my Sacro joints already and I was told they can only see me for one thing at a time. How nice. Any suggestions? Are you taking anything that helps your neck pain? I can't get into Rheumo until April. The VA I'm going to call them tomorrow and tell them I CAN'T wait!!!! The pain is so bad at times it makes me nauseated and it will last for 3-4 days. When it's bad I just have to suck it up because I have NO choice because nothing helps the pain. How about you?

Closed Thread