It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

seargentdimples HB User
Advice for Mid Back Pain, and pressure

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. For the last two years, I have been dealing with the following symptoms:

Mid and upper back burning pain
sharp shooting pain in lower back
swelling on right side mid abdomen
pressure feeling on side of body (flank area)
Diahrea (sp?) (kind of mustard color, sometimes like water, sometimes just watery)
headaches in forehead area
traces of blood/protein in urine (dr. said they weren't worred, it was only traces)
difficulty urinating at nite although frequently getting up at nite to urinate
swelling in legs, ankles, and hands, more on the right side.
Fatigue
not sleeping well at nite, waking with hip/shoulder pain, pain in back (when I wake up sometimes, I can't even move)

[B](Also forgot to add these)
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
bleeding from GI once
a sensation of bugs crawling on my back, mid section[/B]

I have had a CT scan, the only thing that showed up was "[B]fat infiltration of the liver[/B]". 10 years ago, I had a severe gallbladder attack, was hospitalized for 6 days, had bile back up in my body, and severe infection. Shortly after that, I had a severe UTI, and was put on meds for it (they found bile in urine that time). I had my gallbladder taken out, but wondered if permanent damage had occured because of the severity of the attack. (had jaundice)

I am currently on Med's for high blood pressure, and for pitted edema. I have had X-rays, nothing showed up. Have had UA done, and it showed traces of blood and protein.

[B]The main thing I am feeling now:[/B]

is a pressure like feeling in side of body, around the bottom of the ribcage, and around the right side of the back.

I have a burning pain in the mid section of my back. I feel like their is something that is swollen inside, and whatever it is, is causing the back pain, and the pressure feeling on my ribcage.

Alot of times, I have a sensation of bugs crawling on my back. It doesn't really hurt, just very annoying.

[B]I also had a doctor write this in my chart when I had my gallbladder removed, but never told me about this.[/B]

[B]"There is a slight tilt over the lumbar spine convex to the left"[/B]

Anyone know what can cause this? I have been to dr's and they don't know what is wrong yet. Thanks for any information ahead of time. If you can give me just a lead of what to press for the dr's to check, I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!

I am tired of having pain, and this pressure like feeling. Can muscles cause that? Thanks again!! Shelley

Last edited by seargentdimples; 01-26-2006 at 05:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
(female)

msmona HB User
Re: Advice for Mid Back Pain, and pressure

I too have had that same pressure on my right side it feels like when I take a deep breath it kills me. I have had exrays lung, etc and flank area ultrasound and they said nothing, and mine feels like it swells up at times. I mention it several times to the doctor and that dont do nothing. I am wondering if it does have something to do with my bones (rib cage bones) or some muscle problem in there as it is constant on top of the low back pain and neck pain too. Man sometimes this old body feels like its 80 instead of 48 soon to be 49 well let me know and its funny this is the first podt I have seen with the pain in that area too, I also had gallbladder removed long time ago so its not that.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:06 AM   #3
(female)

seargentdimples HB User

I am only 35, but feel like I an 80 sometimes. I am overweight, so I am working on losing weight which seems to be very hard. I am hoping someone can tell me if I should go to a dr. or a chiropractor. I have insurance, but not very good insurance. Thanks all!! Shelley

Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
(female)

hishanana HB User

Hi there!
I have had back pain in the flank/mid back regions for years! I always thought it was muscular/skeletal...I could release some tension if I had someone LIFT me by giving a bear hug (by keeping my arms down and having someone strong wrap their arms around my upper arm/shoulder area in a big bear hug and actually lift me off the ground giving me a few shakes)...then I would hear several pops and feel some relief but it was always short lived...an hour or day. I invested in an inversion type piece of equipment so that I could relieve the pressure by hanging upside down. It really doesn't seem to help this area of my back...beneficial for any lower back discomfort that I may be having but not the mid back region. Common sense tells me to see a doctor but I hate going and feeling like I am being blown off. So many times I have seen doctors for different conditions and I feel they do the minimal testing (to cover their behinds) and then they give you meds to treat the symptoms and send you on your way. I know they are busy but I want to get to the bottom of the problems not just cover it up. It takes a lot to get me to go to the doctor so when I do go I want to be taken seriously. I have had negative experiences in the past so I have been dragging my feet with this particular problem. I've also noticed flare-ups whenever I carry something heavy like lifting my nephew etc. I thought my bed may also be a problem as it isn't firm but I am beginning to think I have something more serious going on.

I was reading some of the posts regarding kidney and adrenal or pituitary problems and found them very interesting. Similar symptoms so I think I will get it checked out. I have a wide variety of symptoms that seem to be getting progressively worse. The other important point is that these symptoms bother my siblings as well, so maybe familial. My biggest complaints are (1)back pain that changes in character...sometimes dull and achy other time warm and throbbing and on occassion a little tingly.(2) Extreme exhaustion and tiredness causing an inability to function fully. I sleep and sleep and sleep and still feel completely wiped out! I feel like Rip Van Winkle... Other symptoms include achyness, tremors/shakiness, anxiety, heart palpitations and pounding, severe sweaty palms and feet, foggy thinking and dizzy spells. I am feeling it may be hormonal or adrenal fatigue...but have had a history of uti's, proteinuria and at one time kidney stones so I will have that followed up as well.

My concern is that I have been taking medications that have helped with a few of my symptoms but in turn has now caused other problems like high blood pressure and (excacerbated the sympathetic nervous system symptoms that I have had since puberty)...it is hard to know what is really going on? I recently had a full cardiac workup because of my family history...Father died at 58, Brother had heart attack at 42 and other family members had strokes, hypertension and cholesterol issues (large sized HDL). As mentioned earlier, the medication I am taking caused my blood pressure to sky rocket to 200/106...led to headaches and other cardiac symptoms...Now on blood pressure meds. My cardiologist was very proactive which I found refreshing....but with my family history he had reason to be.

Now, when I go to see an endocrinologist etc., I am afraid they are going to poo poo my issues or chock it up to a common reply I have seen in these posts when they are dumb founded...psychiatric problem or fibromyalgia. Others have posted "how unhelpful their endos have been"! What some of the doctors said to these patients is unconscionable...I want someone who will search and research to find some answers...[COLOR="Red"]Does any body know of a good endocrinologist in Southern California?...I am willing to travel a bit, so that I don't have to explain my history and physical over and over to several different doctors that aren't focused on helping to solve the mystery but instead get agitated because they cannot quickly figure out what's wrong and aren't willing to dig a little or ask their colleagues for their opinions[/COLOR]

I appreciate any helpful information you may have including the name of a good endocrinologist and nephrologist !! Thanks a million and blessings to you!

Closed Thread