It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
(male)

nellweems HB User
Unhappy back pain, hurts when i bend down

i have back pain in my lower back. it hurts when i sit down, or stand up. and any time i bend down. even putting on my socks is a challenge. this has been happening for 2 weeks or so.

what could the problem be? how do i fix?

i'm going to see the doctor tomorrow.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:42 AM   #2
(male)

JoeD617 HB User
Re: back pain, hurts when i bend down

You're doing the right thing going to see your Dr. They may have you get an MRI to see what the cause is. I know the feeling of putting on your socks and shoes. I have to get on the floor and bend to put then on, I can't raise my leg high enough to reach. I also had alot of pain just pulling my pants up over my leg, that has calmed down some. Any pressure pushing on my lover back would trigger that sciatic never to flare up. I'm going to have a epidoral steroid injection in a few hours <2 hours to be exact> I have had many but for some reason this one is causing me anxiety. I have had 2 micro D's on the L4 L5 disc and now have a buldging disc there.

Good luck at the Dr's and keep us posted

Joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
(male)

nellweems HB User
Smile Re: back pain, hurts when i bend down

hi Joe,

i know you wanted to know what happened.

well i never got a chance to see the doctor. But it is getting much better.

the first thing i did was fold up a small blanket and put it lengthwise across the middle of my bed.

the second thing i did was take advil. 3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon, and 2 at night (yes i realize im reaching the maximum of 8 per day).

which one of these helped? i dont know, maybe the combination. i dont care, the fact is, it's improving steadily but surely. i can put on socks while standing up now , i still feel a tad pain when i do so, but it's definitely better.

- Nell

Old 03-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

madhatter HB User

it could be the joints in your back.I was told of it hurts when you bend forward,its a good chance its your joints,and if it hurts when you bend backwards,its a good chance its your disc[s]

Old 03-18-2006, 03:49 AM   #5
(male)

JoeD617 HB User

Hi Nell, I'm happy you are doing better, for me after so many years having an injured back I still have to get on one knee and put a sock on my right foot. The left foot no problem, I can lift it and place it over my right knee, I can't however take my right leg and place it over my left knee I can't get it up that high. As far as standing up and balancing on one leg as I remember at one time I could I can no longer do this. I'm sure many back sufferers have found creative ways of getting dressed.

Happy you are doing well, but what will hurt to have your back checked? Did you have pain running down your leg or into your butt cheek? Was it a muscle strain?

Joe

Old 03-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
(male)

nellweems HB User

joe, if it's getting better, i see no point in going to the doctor.
no pain in leg, no pain in butt check, only in lower back.
and i'm not sure if it's muscle strain.

it seems your problem is much more serious than mine.
what i had seemed to be minor.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
(female)

RiAnne HB User

i have a lot of pain when i bent over. also when i try to stand while putting on socks. sometimes i get sharp quick pains in my buttock too. if i sit for too long or if i have to look down for too long while i'm sitting my lower back hurts a lot. but when i bend backward it doesn't hurt. i've been to the doctor but it seems as though they're brushing me off like it's just muscle pain. but the pain feels like it's in my bones. it's crazy. i'm going to the doctor again in a couple weeks. i really hope and pray it's not too serious and something that can be fixed. i at least want to know the real problem. not knowing bothers me the most. i don't know if this is something that's going to cause me to be in a wheelchair one day or if it's just a nagging pain that's going to stay this way for the rest of my life. hopefully i'll get some answers soon.

Old 03-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #8

BlessingsGalore HB User
Lightbulb Re: back pain, hurts when i bend down

RiAnne, you just described FACET JOINT SYNDROME. Google it and you'll learn a lot.

It is the BENDING OVER BACK PAIN ILLNESS FOR SURE. That's a KEY that it's the Facet Joint. IF YOU CAN'T BEND OVER.

Look that up and see if it fits. It's miserable and has taken me a YEAR to get any better when mine when out on me a year and 5 months ago. If I twist or bend or DO ANYTHING like that, I'm back in a mess.

I had injections, but they did not help me.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
(female)

RiAnne HB User

wow thanks. i've never heard of that. i'm going to look it up now.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
(female)

RiAnne HB User

this has given me so much information! i feel so much better! thanks BlessingsGalore!

Closed Thread