It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User
Having a BAD day, mood wise that is.

Hi All,
Just here looking for some reinforcements, I had a bad bad day today, very depressed, ended up in bed for a good part of the day, hubby even brought me something to eat in bed. I haven't felt this down in a good while. Nothing happened to bring this on, i am really trying to shake it off but thats not working. So here I am, hoping to get a lil uplifting words from the ones that really know how I feel everyday with this terrible body I have been given.

I tried to hide it from the kids(15 & 18) guess they can't be fooled anymore. I really hope this passes as fast as it set in. Thanks in advance for any replies.

God Bless

Carol

Last edited by mamakitkat; 05-30-2006 at 10:14 PM.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: Having a BAD day, mood wise that is.

Carol,

My goodness, sorry to hear you are blue today, and glad you reached out for some comfort from those that do understand what you are going through. No, the kids can't be fooled at any age. They also know you too well too!

You think your just having a typical down day or do you think it's the increase in the meds recently?? And with what you have been through, I don't think you should feel guilty for feeling alittle down. I am one of those real sickening people that is ALWAYS upbeat.. and I too have found myself struggle with my "pitypot" as I call it from time to time. But then I manage to push it away.

And remember IT WILL PASS, just relax.. lay down.. listen to some soothing music and just let your mind go. Some long deep relaxing breaths, feel your body let go of the tension from your toes.. and work your way up to your eyes and head.. just continue relaxing and hopefully you will begin to feel some of that feeling go and hopefully fall asleep. The next day is going to better than today. Tell yourself that. Cuz it will!

I am sending you a "virtual" KitKat bar, cuz if I sent a real one.. it would melt.. it's so darn hot here in VA.

It's the typical half empty or half full thing. Remember.. we could be a lot worse off then we are. We have been dealt a bad back hand indeed, but it could be worse. Also, remember you have a loving supportive family there to help you through it all! Not everyone has that either.

Then there is us folks here on this board too, that care about you too. We have not met, yet I feel a kinship to you. I feel your pain gal, and I am taking some of it off you right now.. feel better, feel lighter and feel happy again!

I know tomorrow will be a brighter day for you Carol. Keep me posted please! Thinking of you!! Tammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Carol,

I forgot to ask you.. explain your "mamakitkat". Where did that come from?? Do you love KitKat bars?? hehehe. Let me know, I am very curious. Tammy

Old 05-30-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi Tammy,
I should have known you would be there, I too seem to already know you somehow. The mamakitkat is becasue I foster motherless kittens for our local shelter, my hubby works for them now, but I did for a few years before I got too bad to work. I have fostered over 100 kittens and more than a handful of pups. I would keep all the pups if I did too many of them. I have 4 dogs, 2 chihuahuas ( one short hair, one long hair) one terrier mix and a shepard/collie mix, 3 cats(two were fosters) and 1 hamster. So you see I'm hardly alone all day !

Thanks you so much for yoru support. I know this too shall pass, I'm not really sure thisis because of the back, I just dont' really want bothered with anything at all today. Maybe it's more bored? I'm not really sure, I just don't even want to answer the phone. I will take your advice, I guess we are all allowed to have that pity party once in a while.

Thanks for caring!!!

God Bless

Carol

Old 05-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Hi there,
I hear ya! I have had a terrible week. This is just one of the things that we unfortunately have to deal with when it comes to living chronic pain. More than 50% of patients that live with chronic pain suffer from depression, I would say it's a lot higher than 50%. It kinda goes hand in hand. I don't know what to tell you except for that you are not alone. When I am having a "bad spell" I try really hard to get myself on the treadmill. It always helps me a little bit, or I try to get out for a walk. I don't always feel better mentally but it helps me physically and in some other way that I can't explain. It doesn't make me "happy" but I guess it's always nice to get up or out and get moving even just for a little bit.
I hope by now you are feeling better. Remember there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
Take care and let me know how you are. Kristy.
BTW - I'm glad to know what the nickname stadnds for. It's a catchy one and I've always kinda wondered about it. You're a good person for doing what you do.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

hey mama,
i am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.I really hate the days that i feel so down and out.But if it wasn't for the bad days we would not be grateful for the gooddays.This too shall pass. feel better kelsey1

Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Carol,

Thank you. Wow.. the fostering you do.. that is a wonderful uplifting thing you do! hehehe!! I love kittens, but am extremely allergic to them. But, I have 3 long haired dogs.. they shed like crazy.. but I can tolerate them very well. Pets give us so much love dont they? My boys are two long haired german shepard mixes (Bandit and Clueless) and one 3/4 australian shepard 1/4 golden (we think) and his name is OBE for Old Blue Eyes (his eyes are blue). All are pound puppies. They are very smart guys, very easily trained. They have toy boxes and have run of the house. The only thing I dont let them on are my sofas and my bed right now cuz of the back. They play all the time and are all over the house chasing each other. Wouldnt trade them for anything.

Carol, hang in there. Maybe a change of scenery is in order. I think you should try and break up your routine a bit. How about a trip with your kids..to get ice cream. Doesnt matter what age they are.. it's ice cream! hehehe. Something like that. A trip to Bordrers bookstore and a coffee. That is a nice and relaxing trip out.

Thinking of you.. and will check on you again tomorow. Let me know how you are doing! Get some sleep Carol. Tammy

Old 05-31-2006, 06:03 AM   #8
(female)

jeanne257 HB User

Hello All:
I am new to this board, but I'm also having a bad pain day which has made my mood terrible. I think the smallest thing could push me over the edge. Like a fly on the table, you know what I mean? Reading some from all of you has made it a little easier though. Just wanted to say thanks.....................
jeanne

Old 05-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Jeanne welcome to the boards. This is great place to read, share and be with others that understand what you are going through. There are some wonderful people here. Take care and I hope you are feeling better today. Tammy

Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi All,
Thanks so much for the shoulder to lean on, so to speak. Welcome Jeanne, I do hope you get as much out of these boards as I have, it is sometimes the only place to go where people know how you feel. I have learned so much here.

Tammy, I do love my critters, if it werent' for my hubby I would have more than we already do. I am partial to my chihuahua's, they do love to be lap dogs. Right now my hubby and 18 old son work at the shelter, hubby is facilities coordinator, son works with the dogs.My oldest is in Iraq, he found a camel spider, that he and his 3 other marine buddies have decided to keep, they are boys at heart. They feed it bats and lizards, it's as big as the palm of their hand! Not what I would call a pet. So we all have that critter bug in us,lol.

I do feel a lil better today, but just can't seem to shake that blah feeling all the way. It does feel so good to see that I'm not the only one. As much as I do not want others to feel this way. I am going to take the walking advice, if it cools down later today, it's so terribly hot amd muggy here. I know that exercise does release certain chemicals in the brain that do help with depression.

Thanks again everyone!!!

God Bless

Carol

Old 05-31-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
(male)

ld3340 HB User

My Goodness, I'm thinkin your day has gotten better! I get the same way some days, heck I bet everyone here has em! Come on in and chat it out, glad to see your still here, been having complications myself. Take care, LD

Old 05-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #12
(female)

Bunnytrails HB User

Carol
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a bad day, you may want to get a free yahoo account just go to Yahoo.com follow the steps. I get so bored and the bords are wonderful but I need immeadite contact. So I go to the chat rooms, I like the textile rooms especially textiles 1 and textiles 3. The chatters are great and uplifting. I do know depression is a part of chronic pain and have had depression so bad I could not function for 9 months, once not even because of chronic pain. What I do know about it is People (great people ) help because we do get bored, lonely, and feel worthless. We are not we just have a diffrent slant on normal...normal is a day when we can get close to what we once were. Don't dispare I'm there for you and you can have some almost live bodies there for you Yahoo even has chats for back pain sufferes. Try it it may be the rope you are looking for.
Becki

Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi All,
Well I never dreamed I would get such a response. I do thank you all so very much. I have always hesitated on the live chat rooms, I have gotten on a few and there always seems to be some jerk on there ruining it for everyone. Thats why I love the message boards so much I guess. I must say it's been a long time since I have seen such a caring group of people, maybe because we all share that common thread (no pun intended) lol.

I do feel better this evening or should I say early morning. I got out of the house today for a bit, watched the thunder storms, we had two pretty good ones today, they always seem to intrigue me. But after the storm there is that feeling of a new start, it always seems to make me feel better, like mother nature is cleaning things up for us. I know I sound really crazy, maybe a bit, lol.

I have read many posts today also, I do really have many blessings to count.

LD, what kind of complications?? it's been a while since I have seen you on here. I do hope things aren't too bad.

Becki, I do certainly know what you mean by our normal being different. I do miss how I used to be, especially when I worked at the animal shelter. I used to spend all my break and lunch time helping the scared ones by holding them, my boss would have to make me eat lunch sometimes. My hubby has told me that he loves the look i get on my face when i go there and socialize with the animals, it is truely when I'm at my best and sometimes I can even really not feel the pain at all.

Once again, thanks to all of you, it really does mean so much to me to see all of you that care.

God Bless

Carol

Old 06-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suzy-Q HB User

Hello Carol,
Are you feeling any better? I've been in a rough stretch of water myself. We are in a terrific heat wave (I hate them) and my knee and back are ina sorry state. Finally, I wrapped my knee up in a bandage and it has made a great improvement. Phew! I was beginning to fear I might have to call the Doc and I knew that would probably blow my surgery date. Thank goodness for ice and ace!
I began getting starnge letters from my insurance last week with language that said my new surgeon is not a plan provider for me! Needless to say, it has been a little distracting. They have approved the surgery and the BMP but they send this letter to tell me I can only see the doctor 3 times in 90 days. Well, I've used up 2 so my surgery is may last visit? Nuts. I have been busy all week trying to sort this out and no luck so far.
I keep telling myself that I am lucky to have an insurance company to fight with. It is all that has kept me out of the dumps.
Thinking about you Carol and hoping you have had a better day. Suzy-Q

Old 06-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi Suzy,
Sorry I haven't been on computer the last day or so, I am slowly getting back to normal, we have had lots of storms here, rain is my ENEMY, I have been in some severe pain the last day & 1/2. Had dr.'s appt. for my 15 yr old son this morning, had an infected toe, yuck!!!! Since i'm not driving i had to walk to docs office, luckily it just a block away, but with the rainy weather it seemed like a mile away. So now I'm home and have taken my meds so off to sleepy land for me, at least for a lil while. I'm trying to stay out of bed, that where I retreat to when i'm down, but this time i'm just sleepy.

I can't believe the ins. would be like that, they really shouls have told you that at first. I can't stand how they act like they are the Dr. doctors really don't have free reign to treat you anymore. And to think the ones making the decisions aren't even Dr.'s, thats scary.

I hear ya with the knee thing to, I have arthritis in both knees, it doesn't help your back one bit when the knees start acting up. I have a knee brace that I wear when both the back and knee are bad, your right it does help alot. I hope your knee quiets down for good before the surgery.

It's rough when your in pain and have to deal with ins. co., makes you want to hurt them sometimes. I'll be praying for ya! Thanks for caring!

God Bless

Carol

Last edited by mamakitkat; 06-02-2006 at 08:22 AM.

Closed Thread