It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 05:07 AM   #1
(female)

lumbarjackswife HB User
Has anyone Ever had scar tissue removed from back ?

Hi,

I'm curious , has anyone ever had scar tissue removed from their back after surgery ? My husband MAY be having it done.

We just want to know how people responded to it. Did it help , did the pain come back ?

Thank you .

Sherri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
(male)

JoeD617 HB User
Re: Has anyone Ever had scar tissue removed from back ?

Hiya, I had it done inbetween surgeries.. I can only give an example the way I would see it. If you weld two pieces of steel together and decided to remove the weld and reweld the two pieces steel back again you would have the same weld in the same place? I'm not a Dr but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #3
(female)

lumbarjackswife HB User

Hey Joe,

Buddy that one flew right over my head...
You had scar tissue removed ? I'm not sure he need's it yet. BUT If he does he would sure like to know if it works or not. No welding going on inside I dont think ???

He don't know if he should or would go through with it anyway. He's going to his doctor Tuesday and it's hard to tell what there gonna say this time after he's looks at the MRI.

Hope everythings well Broda
Sherri

Old 06-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
(male)

JoeD617 HB User

The welding part was just an example.. The steel would be the skin and the weld would be the scar tissue... If you remove the weld from the 2 pieces and reweld it you still have the <scar tissue> or weld in this case. I hope this flies a li'l lower ..

Later Sistah,
Joe

Old 06-02-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
(female)

lumbarjackswife HB User

Watch it mister..(laughing).
I see what your getting at. So your saying just gonna come back again ?
Joe know somthing needs to be done because he can't work like this !

He's got therapy in an hour ( Yippii ) so he's gonna have to chat later

Later Joe-Pa

Me

Old 06-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #6
(male)

JoeD617 HB User

Yes the scar tissue will come back and in the same place.. It's not like your moving a chair .. laugh

Later gator,

Joe

Old 06-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
(female)

lumbarjackswife HB User

Oh !!! I see now . I guess he will just have to put up with the burning and thumping and hope that it will go away.

He is smiling from ear to ear right now . On the way home from therapy he snuck into Bi-Lo food market and bought a dozen cream filled dohnuts and is filling his belly as I type ..hehehe Mmm Mmm Good.

He finished his last day of PT today. Till his Dr. puts him back into PT.
His leg is weak and feet numb but no terrible pain yet..

He stopped at YBC (your building center) for his blue prints for the deck. $3,000 for the material. That includes cement screws ect..

Are looking in the City for a building or the outskirts ? I could just imagine how much that could cost..insurance ect..ect.. And could you stand on your feet all day ? Guess you wouldn't have to if you owned it huh ? Well I hope your Lyrica is kickin the pain and have a good day.

Sherri

Old 06-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

Sherri, I had a discectomy/Laminectomy back on June 2 2004 exactly 2 years ago today, I have very bad scar tissue that formed after the surgery and now I have terrible back, hip and leg pain on a daily basis from it, but my Neurosurgeon has told me he WILL NOT remove the scar tissue, because once the tissue is removed it grows back even worse then it was before it was removed, so my suggestion to you is, if your husband has had a doc say they want to do this, PLEASE go have a second opinion, because it could cause him many times over more problems then before having it done, Just my opinion but something to think about... Good Luck

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-09-2006 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Repetitive quoting clutters up posts and creates larger than necessary posts. Please use only "reply" in a message or only quote partial text not all.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User

Anytime you cut into the human body you are going to get scarring as that is natures way of healing. So if the surgeon goes in and removes scar tissue that is choking off the nerve it may be replaced with more scar tissue. I really don't think there is an easy solution to this one.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
(female)

Terry Idaho HB User

Hi Sherrie,

I've had scar tissue removed once, during a fusion surgery in 2002. Yes, it helped for a time but it does grow back. I tore scar tissue back in '94 (previous surgeries in '89 and '93) When I tore the scar tissue in '94, it had grow so bad around the nerves back there that when it tore, it tore the nerves to my right leg and I spent 7 days in the hospital, four injections per day of cortizone for seven days, NO it didn't help with the pain, then spent 3 months in bed while it healed back, causing more scar tissue. Each time I rolled over or stood up, I had excrusiating muscle spasms in my right leg that took half an hour to go away and I had about nine per day. I can still remember it like it was yesterday and it happened 12 years ago! I happened to be wallpapering when it happened and decided to take a weeks break before I started another room. I got up one morning and went right to the floor. That was the end of my standing up for three months. My kids and husband brought me breakfast and lunch before they left for the day and then brought supper to me that night. I couldn't even get to the bathroom without a spasm starting nor get into the shower.....my husband would start the shower for me, I'd crawl in and lay in the bottom of the tub, do my shower then crawl back onto the floor to dry off, wait for the spasm to go away, get up, hobble to the bed then wait for that spasm to go away and I laid as still as possible for the next to hours to be spasm free until I moved again. Three months this went on until things healed again. Then in the summer of 2001, I started having trouble walking and climbing stairs and ended up more comfortable on crutches due to the right hip pain. In Oct 2001 they did a series of cortizone shots, 6-8 shots each time for three visits total, each a week apart. Again, no relief! Don't do the shots!!! In May of 2002, they fused L4-L5, again no relief from my pain in my right hip. In Sept of 2005, they implanted a spinal column stimulator, two with 8 electrodes each, but that still is not helping my pain. Seems to also come from L5-S1....but that disk was removed in '83 so go figure. Is that slipping now and causing pain? They tell me know but I can move it! I'm currently having worse pain in my right hip and on this board, happened to see a note about avascularnecrosis......hip degeneration caused from extensive doses of cortizone....duh! So guess my next step is AGAIN having my hip xrayed.

Not sure if this will help anyone else but if it does, I'm glad. Someone elses post about the avascularnecrosis helped me! At least its not all in my head!

Old 06-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
(male)

JoeD617 HB User

Hi Sherri. He likes those cream filled donuts .. eh .. not good for the waist .. I did own a bakery long ago and have lost the taiste for baked goods.. laugh..

Building Material is expensive. up here that deck would cost 9 thousand dollars.

We are looking in the city for a building, The insurance can't be any worse than the construction insurance I had to get including workers comp. The million dollar liability insurance wasn't too bad.. about 3500 per year. It looks like I'll be on my feet all day and night too. I been busy planning menu's and making calls to meat suppliers. The wife has been doing graphs and charts seeing how many meals we have to serve to break even. <I hate looking at charts and graphs> But we have too for a good business plan.

As far as the Lyrica I may be having side affects to it. I'm getting muscle soreness in my calfs as well as in my stomach so I am tapering down some to see if the Lyrica is the problem.

Anyway I'm glad you see that removing the scar tissue will only create more scar tissue. As the above post has also mensioned. For some reason I liked the welding steel analogy.. It seem to fit and hwre you husband was going to be a welder I figured he may understand .. Nomore PT eh .. does this mean he graduated and gets a diploma suitable for framing?

Stay well and let me know what the Dr say's.

Joe

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-09-2006 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Repetitive quoting clutters up posts and creates larger than necessary posts.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #12
(female)

lumbarjackswife HB User

Hi Joe , Oh yeah he likes his baked goods . The doctor say's he wants to use this sleeve to go over the dura to protect against scar tissue , he said it was just approved by the FDA so he's thinking about it.

It's hard to get another opinion when no other surgeons will see him around here.

Muscle reaction from Lyrica huh ? His PM doctor just put him on 75mg twice a day..

I hope you got your building . Man I could only imagine how much work your gonna have to put into running a buisness . I'm glad everything is working out for you.

Sherri

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-09-2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Repetitive quoting clutters up posts and creates larger than necessary posts. Please use only "reply" in a message or only quote partial text not all.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:43 AM   #13
(male)

JoeD617 HB User

Hey hey, Believe it or not I use to own a bakery, I got tired of being a carpenter and bought a bakery thinking it would be easier than what I was doing.. laugh .. It was more work than being a carpenter..

Interesting that plastic sleeve thingy, I have no idea how that works, do you? As far as a second opinion living in the big city has it advantages.

I tappered back on the Lyrica, back to 75mg twice a day and will slowly work up to 3 a day. I was getting muscle soreness in my stomach and both calfs were sore from standing, perhaps I felt better and was walking more and getting more excersize than I have in the past.

We looked at the building, 3 store fronts, a total of 4500 sq' of retail space on 9000 sq' of land right where we wanted it. BUT, at 1.9m <yes, $1900000.00> you read that right 1.9 million. each tenant is paying 3 grand a month so the income alone is 18,000. per month or 108,000. per year. I think we are going to keep looking for awhile. I'm waiting for a loan officer to call and if the rents don't cover the mortagage it's a no deal. <wouldn't be a good investment> Food business is rough, the margins are small and have to be closely watched. We are still in the process of doing a business plan and writting menu's .. took yesterday off and started installing a hardwood floor in the living room. I'm feeling it today but the wife has the whip going, her daughter is moving in the end of the month and she'd like to get it done and I won't hire anyone because I'm too anal about the quality of craftsmanship. When it's done I'll send you a pic. BTW my wifes name is Wendy and when she comes home from work and I'm talking to the neighbors kids who are 3 and 5 years old I say to them, "Oh ohh Wendy the whip is home" she knows this and we laugh about it .. I say when she craks the whip I better get moving or else.. lol ..My wife does laugh at it because it's not true .. I crack my won whip and pay for it later .. Let me know what the sleeve is and be well .. BTW my step daughter will be here for a few months and then moving to Pa. in august or something.. Oh well.. I jsut have to put up with her for a few months and then she's all yours .. lol

Joe

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-09-2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Repetitive quoting clutters up posts and creates larger than necessary posts. Please use only "reply" in a message or only quote partial text not all.

Closed Thread