It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

ventcrew HB User
Unhappy Over 2o Trigger Point Injections!!!!!

I just got the results back from my MRI of my thoracic spine and the diagnosis is degenerative disc disease. The same with my cervical spine. These are the areas that I have the most symptoms from. I seen my Physiatrist yesterday and we decided to give me a couple trigger point injections. When he started he kept going. He could not believe my back was in such bad shape with the muslce spasms and tightness and swelling in my thoracic and cervical area. I guess all along this has been causing me to have all this burning pain, numbness and tingling in my head and burning in my back, chest, and arms. He said the swelling is so bad that when I lay down at night to sleep there is no room for anything and it is pushing and irratating all my nerves in that area. I hope these injections help. I had over 20 of them. He said last night I might be worse (and I was a bit worse) but it should start helping after that. I will be getting a lot of Physical Therapy. I am on Motrin, Lyrica (nerve pain med) and Skelaxin (muslce relaxer). I am getting an EMG on July 11. I have to wait that long because he only wants this certain doctor to do it cause he feels he is the best. Well anyone out there had any similar problems or treatments. I sure would love to hear from you.

Thank You

ventcrew

Last edited by ventcrew; 06-13-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: change title

Old 06-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
(female)

jdchablis HB User
Re: Over 2o Trigger Point Injections!!!!!

Hello. I just had two series of "trigger point injections" in the neck area. I have what the doctor called a "slipped disc", which is giving me tremendous pain in the neck area and back of skull. It almost feels like a squeezing feeling in the neck area, but only slight pain when I turn my head. I was wondering if the injections helped you at all with your back problems. So far, the injections have not helped relieve my pain at all. I had one series with about 4 injections a month ago, then the next series two weeks later, which was about the same amount of injections. The doctor talked about other injections that can be given called "x-ray guided" injections with different medications, but I will have to wait for my next visit in 2 weeks to find out about that. I think the trigger point injections were of the steroid type. I am just curious if your injections helped relieve any of your pain? I also take a pain pill and a muscle relaxer, and these don't help either. Can't seem to find any relief for myself so far. Hope your doing better; let me know if you can!

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
(female)

ventcrew HB User

Judy,

Sorry I just responded but I was on vacation. The injections helped me a bit, but not as much as I thought they would. My Dr. said that the physical therapy will help the most along with my meds. (muscle relaxer, Lyrica (for nerve pain) and Motrin). I will start my therapy on Monday July 10. I am looking forward to it since the doc feels it will help me the most. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for the reply,

ventcrew

Old 07-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #4
(female)

jdchablis HB User

Hi Vent..I hope you had a great time on vacation, despite your worries about your back problems. I am also on the same meds as you......seeing my neuroligist next week. He might give me more injections,,,I don't know for sure.....although......after much research.......the injections, as well as the therapy will not cure the problem......jjust relieve it! And the relief is so great. I might consider having therapy also...and going to a chiopractic doc as well. Might as well try them all. For now....I just grin and bear it....no matter how much it hurts! Best of luck.....the triggger point injections are ok...they do not harm you in any way. Keep me posted as to how your doing.

Thanks,
Judy

Closed Thread