It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

angelahprice HB User
Unhappy Post Op Pressure

The last couple of days I have had some lower lumbar pressure feels as if there may be some swelling?? I also have noticed that unfortunately I have gained a couple of pounds could that be the swelling that I'm feeling. I'm not sure also have a small pinching in the lower lumbar area (Hope nothing is wrong) hopefully will find out Wednesday. Also my feet are still swelling and if I'm sitting with my feet down they turn darker. Like the circulation is not good. July 13 was six weeks post op. I finally go to the Dr. for my 1 month check up. 4th of July sorta of prolonged it.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

janx HB User
Re: Post Op Pressure

Hi Angelah,
I am 12 weeks post op. I also have a lot....of pressure at the incision site. My doctor says it is normal, not to worry. My feet also swell. I don't have any solutions, just wanted you to know I am right there with you. IF you find anything that helps with either, please let me know. I returned to work today and as we speak, I am sitting in recliner with ice on my back.
brenwill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: Post Op Pressure

Angela.. hang in there.. it gets better.. just hang in there. I had horrible swelling.. like elephantitus looking swelling. It was hard to tell where my thigh and feet were! It looked the same pretty much. Getting your feet up is the best thing for it, though it does not take it away right off. Some of my issues were med sensitivity issues, others could still be allergy to the hardware. But things are under control and I can identify my ankles and feet, but with lots of busted blood vessels now.

Brenwill.. back at work!! Good for you! I know you are hurting. . I still get sore and I've been back to work 5 weeks now. I take my ice pack to work with me, along with my grabby stick. I use on the job. You should too! It really helps get through the day when you need it.
Congrats on getting back to work!

Take care. Tammy

Closed Thread