It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
(male)

Gareth321 HB User
Waking up with a stiff back

Hi I'm new on here,but I take Omega 3 and flaxseed oil I'm only 32 years old and I wake up with a stiff back with back pain,I'm not over weight and my mattress is only 2 years old and is an orthopedic one.I can't seem to wonder why I feel so unfit after a nights sleep?

Last edited by Gareth321; 08-11-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
(male)

SelectMike HB User
Re: Waking up with a stiff back

[QUOTE=Gareth321]Hi I'm new on here,but I take Omega 3 and flaxseed oil I'm only 32 years old and I wake up with a stiff back with back pain,I'm not over weight and my mattress is only 2 years old and is an orthopedic one.I can't seem to wonder why I feel so unfit after a nights sleep?[/QUOTE]

Have you attended to everything regarding ergonomics at the computer? The right seating position, right monitor height etc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]HI,
Welcome to the boards! My hubby is almost 45 and he has arthritis in his mid to lower back. He has been told by dr's that is why he wakes and is stiff a while. He does loosen up after a breif period like maybe 30 minutes at the worst. I would say go to a spine dr. or at least your family doc and explore what may be causing this, it could be many things. Better to find out now while your younger, the longer you wait the worse it can become if it needs treatment now. I waited too long and now can't be fixed, I started with a lil soreness after laying on my right side too long in bed, well after many years of explaining it away I went for help after I could not even walk thru a store to purchase milk, now after 4 fusions I'm secured not fixed. so don't just sit and wonder act on the pain thats your bodies way of saying look at me, this isn't right.

Good Luck & God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Old 08-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
(male)

Gareth321 HB User

Yes I have,my problems seem to come after a kimmy dreamy sleepy night and I wake up like an old man,I reckon it stems from when I knocked off work five years ago an active man and then did nothing really I had no children at the time and 3 of my discs were swollen and I had physio to help and it did at the time.But,I think they have been left week you know like a broken wrist that gives you pain in cold weather years after that I get aswell.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
(male)

Gareth321 HB User

[QUOTE=mamakitkat][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]HI,
Welcome to the boards! My hubby is almost 45 and he has arthritis in his mid to lower back. He has been told by dr's that is why he wakes and is stiff a while. He does loosen up after a breif period like maybe 30 minutes at the worst. I would say go to a spine dr. or at least your family doc and explore what may be causing this, it could be many things. Better to find out now while your younger, the longer you wait the worse it can become if it needs treatment now. I waited too long and now can't be fixed, I started with a lil soreness after laying on my right side too long in bed, well after many years of explaining it away I went for help after I could not even walk thru a store to purchase milk, now after 4 fusions I'm secured not fixed. so don't just sit and wonder act on the pain thats your bodies way of saying look at me, this isn't right.

Good Luck & God Bless

Carol[/COLOR][/QUOTE]thanks alot Carol with your help!!! this is great!!,but I'm having theropy for agrrophobia and anxiety that I'm just about giving up on anything more.A lad in his 30's should be living his life to the full not just exsiting for his family

Old 08-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'm sorry about the aghoraphobia and anxiety, my sister suffers from panic attacks, so I kinda see where your coming from. it is a very hard hurdle to get over, but it is possible. Don't give up on your self!!!! we can be our worst enemy sometime. I fight myself about wanting to stay in the house ALL the time, it's so much easier to stay in and loose myself in the TV or computer(hehe like now). I am very fortunate to have family that makes it very hard to do that for more than a few days, but I do succeed alot of the time, not even going into the yard at all for days. I do know how that is.

Please don't ignore your back, especially if you had trouble before, it more than likely is the old discs acting up, but you really need to knwo that.

I do hope you conquer your enemies and help your body heal, I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless

Carol[/COLOR]

Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
(male)

Gareth321 HB User

Thanks for your sympathy Carol!! I keep taking the pills so to speak!!,and I'm now a student in gardening and soon IT to get me out of the house to gain confidence,I just hope it works!

Old 08-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
(male)

magne HB User

[FONT="Verdana"]Yes. I couldn't agree more that one has to take care of back pain. I was a nationally ranked table tennis in my country. Got my back injured due to excessive strain. Once had a MRI Had a mild disc bulge at L4-L5. this is almost 10 years back.

For the last two years my back started acting up. As late as last week, I had severe pain getting out of bed. Pain bearing down my back early in the morning. Didn't seem to understand what caused it.

Bing a migrant worker, currently checking and working through the insurance and also with a primary care doctor to order a CT or MRI. Managed to get a appt next tuesday.

"He who has health has hope. He who has hope, has everything". Could't agree more. Take care.[/FONT]

Closed Thread