It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

trauma_girl HB User
Could it be diskogenic pain?

I am starting to wonder if my disk is the problem...most of you know I am post op laminectomy and diskectomy on 6-14.... my new MRI shows scar tissue...but the pain is in my lumbar area, left hip, and left thigh, it does not go past the knee...Could this be disk pain? Should I be asking for a diskogram (ugh)? I am going for an ESI Thursday to see if that would help...Can anyone give insite on what if feels like when your disk is the problem...thanks Angelia

Old 08-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
(female)

Shorty39 HB User
Re: Could it be diskogenic pain?

This could be disk but sounds like nerve problems. Could be either I guess or both. The pain management doctor could help you to not feel that pain, but what bothers me is that will just mask the problem. Which my doctors did for a very little while before taking care of it. It would be great if you could find out if a nerve is pinched or being pressed sometimes. Best of luck & let us know what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

ny17 HB User

Did your MRI show any bulging disc at any level? It sounds like L4-L5 pain. That is what I have. Because of our surgery, everything is so inflammed in the back so the bulging disc is more prone to nerve pain. Also my Pt found a muscle spasm in my back that is tying up my nerves.(caused after surgery and my neuro did not check for that) Muscle relaxers at night helped me a lot in the a.m. Did you try the Neurontin yet? That works for nerve pain also. Just a few suggestions.... You have to keep trying different things..I know it is frustrating.
Esi's have helped me in the past. I hope that works for you. My Dr. wants me to wait another month for ESI because he loaded me up w/steriods during surgery, and there is a wet sac present in the spine after surgery? Did your Dr. mention anything like that? Good Luck, D

Old 08-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #4
(female)

trauma_girl HB User

thanks ya'll for your replies, and ny my dr did not mention anything about a wet sac and since I am about 10 weeks post op I guess I am good to go on that... as far as the Neurontin I have not been back to my dr to talk about that yet... I have an appointment on 9-11 with a different dr for another opnion...

Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
(female)

ny17 HB User

hey Angela, Just wanted to see how your ESI went today.. Was thinking of you. Please keep us updated on your progress. I know you will most likely have a bad night. We always do after the injection. Just remember this shall pass too. Good night and feel better, D

Old 09-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
(female)

arimaspi HB User

hey Angela, I have had low back pain that radiates into my hips and thighs for about 1 1/2 yrs, since a fall at work. My MRI showed a minor tear in the disk that has been treated with PT, numerous epidural inj. and 2 neurotomies because the pain man. doc. was determined that the prob. was in the facets. After a year and a half he finally did a discogram and found that the disk never repaired itself. I'm now awaiting surgery to remove it. Hope you're symptoms are just post-op residual pain. Good luck.

Closed Thread