It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

lisa1977 HB User
Rib Lesion

Following a complaint with my coccyx & returning to my job (sitting down ) I am now recovering from a rib lesion which is the result of sitting awarkwardly at work. I have visited the Osteopath & had a total of 2 weeks off of work.

I returned today & I can feel the pain returning from sitting. My osteopath wanted to sign me off another week but I have been really poorly this year & not sure how much sick pay I have left.

If I have a sitting down job do work have to provide me with a special chair if I have problems ? I have brought myself a coccyx pillow,which is serving its purpose well, but this pain in the other part of my back is still here & I am dreading this getting worse again..

I dont know what to do

Old 09-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
(male)

webdude HB User
Re: Rib Lesion

Has any doctor found the source of your problem? Perhaps you need to start there... You may want to get an MRI of the lower back to see if there are any problems... .ALso, too much rest is no good either... YOu may want to get some physical therapy and strengthen your core muscles.

Mo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

You need to find the source of your pain first. Then if your work station is not ergonomically correct for you to work properly.. if your compay is cooperative, they can assist you in correcting your work station through "reasonable accommodation". You should be able to find this in your personnel or HR handbook. Just and FYI, it is not a law for a company to provide this.

I hope you find out what is causing it and get treatment. Take care. Tammy

Old 09-18-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
(female)

lisa1977 HB User

It was diognosed as a rib lesion. where i had sat awkwardly at work.

I have come back today & touch wood I have had a bit of pain but nothing like it was..

I paid out a total of £200 in Oseopath & had numerous trips to the docs.

Can anyone reccomend a chair that I could get for work ?

Old 09-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

picking the right chair is like picking the right mattress. Unfortunately.. one that is comfy for one is not for another.

There are tons of ergonomic ones out there. I would suggest you checking out a back store in your area if there is one or check out office supply stores chairs and see what feels comfy to you.

Take care. Tammy

Closed Thread