It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User
I keep hearing cracking and popping in my back...

Has anyone experienced this post fusion? Sometimes I feel like it is at the level that was fused but I can't be sure. The other day I went to roll on my side and felt cracking in my low back and last night I went to get up and felt a popping sensation. As you all know my crazy ex-girlfriend slammed on her brakes a couple of weeks ago jolting me forward and I am worried that I may have messed up my back.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: I keep hearing cracking and popping in my back...

I here that too , my Dr. told me its cartlidge and scar tissue. Your crazzy girlfriend ? Thats funny I thought they all were crazzy...Just kidding ladies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

I have the same problem but I also find that I have some grinding happening as well. My problems is that I have a broken screw so I was told by my doctor that it's probably the screw hitting, slidding, rubbing against the hardware. You may want to make an appt to see your doc if it keeps up. Good luck. Beachgirl01.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
(female)

BigMac HB User

I've had three cervical fusions , no hardware..lasst one 2001 and I hear that cracking sound, Doctors call it 'crepitus.'...........When I told my Doctor to put his hand on the back of my neck to feel and listen...........then started turning my head and he said , 'STOP!' I thought something terrible was wrong with me. He said I can't stand that sound it gives me cold chills. He told me when I felt that to not turn my head so fast because any rapid turning of the head or jerking up or down could injure the neck .......especially in the levels right above and below the fusion(these levels are weakened even if if there is no fusion-----I think they are weakened even more if you have hardware.) So in answer to the question, 'Yes, I have 'crackle and pop'' in my neck.........so I turn my head a little more gently...........and I remember not to look UP quickly. I hope when your girlfrriend slammed on brakes you didn't injure your neck............................but if it anything other than popping then you better have it checked.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi Jbravo,
I have the noises too, my doc says noises aren't a good thign to hear. He did say that some are from the scar tissue and such. He said the main thing is if you have pain when you hear the noises. I only have pain with the one big pop I heard several months back and he ordered a CT for that to make sure everythign was ok.

I would call the doc asap if you have pain with the noises if no pain then maybe mention it when you go to see him.

Did you ever get checked out by the doc for you ex's lil stunt? Sorry if you had said this earlier, neurontin ya know. I think I woudl want my doc to check me out after what she did.

Good Luck

Carol

Old 10-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User

I haven't gotten anything checked out since she pulled her stunt. I talked to the doc and he said hopefully nothing happened. I am really frustrated right now.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Hey
I know you spoke with your doc following the little "mishap" with you ex but it doesn't sound as though you have updated him with your current situation. Your doc needs to know that you have this happening. Please make an appt. Take care of yourself. Let me know how it goes. Beachgirl01.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:29 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

I hope your doctor is replacing your screw..I had the same happen to me. Dr said it had to be replaced..[QUOTE=beachgirl01]I have the same problem but I also find that I have some grinding happening as well. My problems is that I have a broken screw so I was told by my doctor that it's probably the screw hitting, slidding, rubbing against the hardware. You may want to make an appt to see your doc if it keeps up. Good luck. Beachgirl01.[/QUOTE]

Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User

Yes, it's a huge surgery. It's actually next week. I just did a post called something like "2nd surgery 2 weeks away, way bigger than the first one = scared." Read it if you like, it explains the whole procedure and everything that happened after my first one. You may find it interestin gif you are going through relatively the same experience. Take care. Beachgirl01.

Closed Thread